Home Foren Trezor Wallet Trezor gegen Ledger Fragen

• Dieses Thema hat 3 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 12 Monaten von Neeuw.
Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ihr wisst wahrscheinlich alle, warum Leute wie ich hier sind. In der Hoffnung auf eine sanfte Landung und vielleicht etwas Hilfe für ein paar grundlegende Fragen!

1. Für die Einrichtung von Trezor muss das Gerät mit einem PC verbunden sein, während Ledger ohne jegliche Verbindung eingerichtet werden kann. Ist das richtig, und gibt es irgendwelche Bedenken?
      2. Ich möchte die 24-Wort-Sicherheit beibehalten, also plane ich, mit Trezorctl eine 24-Wort-Phrase auf dem Gerät zu erstellen. Bringt das irgendwelche Sicherheitsbedenken mit sich?
      3. Ich nehme an, ich kann mit trezorctl eine 24-Wörter-Phrase auf einem Gerät erstellen und dann mit “recover phrase” über 24 Wörter auf einem zweiten Trezor einleiten, ohne trezorctl zu benötigen, funktioniert das so?
      4. Eines meiner Geräte kann nur für Bitcoin verwendet werden (hauptsächlich, weil ich es ausprobieren möchte). Gibt es irgendwelche größeren Nachteile bei der Verwendung dieses Modus (abgesehen davon, dass ich natürlich nicht auf andere Chains zugreifen kann)?
      5. Lädt jemand seine eigene Firmware über github, im Gegensatz zum Laden über [trezor.io](https://trezor.io)? Ist das eine die bessere Praxis?
      6. Führt das Laden von Firmware über github zu einem Signierfehler, oder wird diese auch von SL signiert?
      7. Gibt es sonst noch etwas, was ich bei der Verwendung von Trezor als Ledger-Flüchtling beachten sollte?
      8. Hat das Erstellen einer 24-Wort-Phrase irgendwelche Auswirkungen auf die Funktion der versteckten Wallet? Es ist ja nicht so, dass es nur mit dem Standardwert von 12 Wörtern funktioniert, richtig?

Vielen Dank an alle.

TheFcknVoid
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m most curious about #2. Had the same thought..

If I need to download a PC program to tell the device to do 24, then I’m trusting a program in addition to the hardware wallet.

Why there isn’t a simple option on the touch screen of their premium product is beyond me.

zerochoochoo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1.) Trezors have no battery probably why it’s done like that and why I like it so much, no battery issues, no BS like bluetooth or wifi which don’t belong on cold wallets. The seed is still ONLY generated on your device, on the screen itself and never leaves the device when setting it up with Trezor Suite or interacting with anything like Metamask, just make sure you download the right Trezor Suite from the official Trezor website and not a fake one.

Neeuw
      Gast
      Up
      Down

*Trezor setup requires the device being connected to a PC, whereas Ledger can be set up without any connection at all. Is that correct, and any concerns?*

No concerns from my side

*I’d like to keep the 24 word security, so I’m planning on using Trezorctl to create a 24-word phrase on-device. Does that introduce any security concerns?*

I have a model one as backup for my model T. I use this model one to generate the 24 word seed phrase that I import into my model T

*I assume I can use trezorctl to create a 24-word phrase on one device, and then use “recover phrase” to initiate via 24 words on a second Trezor without needing trezorctl, does it work like that?*

Yes exactly

*One of my devices may be bitcoin-only (mainly because I want to try it out). Any major downsides to using this mode (other than not being able to access other chains, of course)?*

No, I feel more secure using the BTC only setup, because it has less software, and therefore less attack surface.

*Does anyone load their own firmware via github, as opposed to loading through trezor.io? Is one considered better practice?*

On windows I use the auto update. On Linux I download the file and check the sig.

*Does loading firmware through github result in a signing error, or is that signed by SL as well?*

Sorry, don’t know

*Anything else I should be aware of about using Trezor, as a ledger refugee?*

Not that I’m aware off. I use Ledger and trezor and like borh

*Does creating a 24-word phrase have any implications for the hidden wallet feature? It’s not something that only works with default 12-word, correct?*

Works with both. I’m just old school and want 24 words.
      Trezor is great with passphrases. If you have model T you can swipe and get different type screens. Small font, caps, special signes. The screen is lovely.

Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.