Home Foren Trezor Wallet Trezor Passwort-Manager VS Bitwarden VS KeeWeb

• Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 11 Monaten von raymonddurk.
Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ist Trezor Password Manager = Bitwarden mit U2F-Schlüsselschutz (Trezor)?

Oder Trezor Password Manager = KeeWeb mit GoogleDrive U2F-Schlüsselschutz (Trezor)?

Liege ich richtig? Was meinen Sie dazu? Ich denke, der zweite ist dem Trezor Password Manager ähnlicher & eine gute Alternative.

My1xT
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I dunno keeweb but Trezor does one thing MUCH better than common Password Managers, even with U2F.

The trezor actually matters for the encryption and iirc asks everytime you reveal a password, which is absolutely awesome.

U2F and in fact most other 2FA Methods can ONLY act as a “data valve” aka a way for example a server to disallow access to the database, but if you for example have the encrypted database already (e.g. because the service was breached or an offline cache or whatever) the U2F, TOTP or Yubico OTP or most other protections, are UTTERLY USELESS, and only your master password stands in the way.

Vpnnist
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Because Trezor Password Manager is outdated and not convenient, as for me of course.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well the real question is whether these managers use the U2F to encrypt the data, or simply use the U2F to obscure the decryption key. If it’s the latter then any only copy of the data is only as secure as the master-password, which is to say… not very secure.

Same goes for data hosted locally. If it is encrypted with a human-made master password, it is insecure.

raymonddurk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Wut?

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.