Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo zusammen,

ich bin gerade umgezogen. Hat alles gut geklappt. Seed Phrase mit mir, Ledger Wallet mit mir. Keine Probleme.
      Aber es hat mich zum Nachdenken gebracht.

Ist es möglich, in bestimmten Zollländern den Ledger zu konfiszieren (oder die Seed-Phrase, wenn sie irgendeinen Krypto-Problem-BS behaupten, vorausgesetzt, sie finden ihn)? Wenn ja, welche Länder sind gefährlich für das?

Ich werde jetzt nicht in nächster Zeit umziehen, aber es wäre schön zu wissen.

Danke

cheeb_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

In this instance, it would depend upon unique user location and whether or not said countries or governmental bodies have the authority to take this action, however *anyone* taking your 24 word recovery phrase from you by force would be a threat regardless.

Importantly however, if such a situation ever did arise, one way to protect yourself would be with the use of a [passphrase](https://www.ledger.com/academy/passphrase-an-advanced-security-feature) to bolster your setup and separate your passphrase-associated accounts from your 24 word recovery phrase-associated accounts.

With this in mind, even if someone did confiscate your recovery phrase, you could partition your accounts such that they would not have access to the bulk of your funds if they were associated with the passphrase.

weedium
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Reset the Ledger device prior to travel. Hide your seed phrase on your person or carryon while traveling. Never admit to anything.

El_Nicaman
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is WHY adding a PASSPHRASE to your seed is crucial, I can carry my seed phrase and they can get it from me, but the last word which is 20 letters long is only in my head.. even if they recover in another wallet they will not get access to my crypto UNLESS a Passphrase is added.. if you don’t know about PASSPHRASES please read or watch a few YouTube videos,

Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.