Home Foren Trezor Wallet Versteckte Brieftasche

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo Leute, ich wollte nur etwas in Bezug auf die versteckte Wallet zu verstehen:

Soweit ich weiß, wird empfohlen, die versteckte Wallet zu verwenden, um die 12-Wort-Seed-Phrase mit einem 13. zusätzlichen Wort zu schützen.

Ich möchte klarstellen, dass, wenn ich den Zugang zu dieser versteckten Wallet verliere, wenn ich genau dieselbe Passphrase in Trezor eingebe, ich dann wieder Zugang zu dieser Wallet mit allen darin enthaltenen Vermögenswerten erhalte?

Auch wenn ich diese versteckte Wallet z.B. auf MetaMask direkt für Notfälle wiederherstellen wollte, müsste ich die Passphrase einfach als 13.

Ich wollte nur etwas Klarheit, danke an alle!

Aggressive-Ad-5299
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your wallet is in your 12 word seedphrase + the passphrase (13th word in your case)

So only that combination will give access to your funds. If you restore your trezor, you need to first restore it with your 12 word seedphrase and then add the passphrase to unlock the hidden wallet. I believe that unless you lock the hidden wallet, you must always enter the passphrase when opening trezor suite to unlock a hidden wallet.

If you want to restore in a hot wallet in an emergency, it’s not adding the passphrase as a 13th word. That would not work. You again need to restore with your 12 word seedphrase and then add a passphrase on top. I’m not sure if metamask supports passphrases, I don’t really use it, but many wallets do, so you’ll need to look into which wallets do

senlek
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The tern “13th word” might lead to some confusion. Trezor (AFAIK) is the only hww manufacturer that actually recommends the use of passphrases. Look to the right hand of this page on reddit to see their Security Best Practices. This is probably due to the devices’ being vulnerable to physical hacks in which seed phrases can be extracted… but not passphrases.
      Since passphrases are ones real security if using a Trezor device, it is important to create secure ones. Secure meaning long enough to have sufficient strength; but not complicated so that they are difficult to remember. Using dicewords from the EFF’s (or other) wordlist seems like a good practice. The words are simple, and easy to remember; but if enough words are used then the passphrase is strong.
      Here’s a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhjq_1J0EbU&list=PL7rfJxwogDzlcAbNj3roeshKMTB8Go7Ty&index=2

One thing I’ve found as a newbie to Trezor is that I to use a Model T so that the passphrase can be entered on the device itself. It’s tedious, especially with a long passphrase; but typing the passphrase into Trezor Suite using the computer’s keyboard exposes one to keyloggers.

downlowdata
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve been trying to find the answer to this for a while, and I feel like it’s not that clearly stated anywhere. From what I understand there are some hot wallets that support this maybe Coinomi is one of them. I don’t think MetaMask is one of them but I’m not too sure

sodasofa23
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Note to those with confusion on importing to metamask when using passphrases. You can use a tool like Ian Coleman bip 39 tool to get private keys of these addresses. Note, best practice is to save the site for offline use (probably on to an emergency usb), then preferably run it on an amnesiac bootable os like tails, but most won’t go through that process and just running it on an offline computer will do in most cases.

The cases where you may need to take these measures are like your physical trezor was stolen and you are worried they may have access to your pass phrase and you want to drain your funds first and you don’t have a backup trezor. This is where it may be worth it to discover the private key for the account in question (entering seed and then the bip39 passphrase) to then import into mm and get your funds off to a safe place

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.