Home Foren Ledger Wallet Verwendung von Ledger mit 3rd Party Wallets

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Auf der Suche nach einer Anleitung zur Verwendung von Ledger mit 3rd Party Wallets für AVAX, APT, SUI, ICP. Meine Frage:

\- Werden meine Schlüssel auf meinem Ledger gespeichert (Cold Storage) oder werden sie auf den AVAX-, APT-, SUI- und ICP-Wallets gespeichert und sind nur in Ledger Live sichtbar?

Ich bin sehr abgeneigt, Hot Wallets zum Speichern meiner Schlüssel zu verwenden, und wenn dies der Fall ist, werde ich nicht in diese Kryptos investieren. Die Ledger-Webseiten sagen dies nicht ausdrücklich, sie bieten nur Informationen darüber, wie man Ledger mit diesen 3rd-Party-Wallets verbindet.

Vielen Dank im Voraus, KEINE DMs.

Wu-Tang-Chan
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There is no “stored on ledger”, the ledger does not have storage (for anything but apps). Everything is always stored on the blockchain, the difference between the ledger and the “hot wallet” is where the keys are stored. That is on your ledger. If you weren’t using a ledger, that would be your computers temporary files (ram), or in the case of metamask, right on the hard drive.

edit: the word “ledger” means “list of transactions”, not “self bank”.

btchip
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The security of the protocol is still handled by your device when connecting it to a third party wallet – you can just see it as a different frontend compared to Ledger Live. A malicious third party wallet cannot steal your assets if you check what’s displayed on the device before signing.

Flaky-Wedding2455
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Crypto is always on the blockchain and forever will be. It’s not stored on ledger or in any wallets. Wallets (hot or cold) are windows to the crypto you possess the keys too that is on the blockchain. This is why you can have multiple wallets that access the same crypto. Once I understood this my eyes opened greatly on what I was doing with my crypto and how it all works and better understood how to be safe. This all gets confusing because it is easier to think about what you are doing like you are “sending” it places (and when talking about it). But this isn’t really what is happening. Wallets give you access to control your crypto but it’s on the blockchain. I use several 3rd party wallets with my ledger and feel fine about it as the keys are safely on my ledger. Recently with the myalgo hack I was using ledger so all of my ALGO was safe and sound.

elias7905_x
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As long as you don’t enter your ledger’s seed phrase into the various wallet interfaces, your private keys are stored safely in your ledger

Gay4Pandas
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Crypto is on the blockchain. Ledger live is just one interface you can use to access it. As long as you don’t enter you key phrase you are good.

DanK91
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What a pile of shitcoins

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keys are stored on your Ledger. Only way to duplicate those and put them in another wallet is if you type those secret words into that other wallet. A terrifying large portion of users do just that. Don’t be them.

When pairing your Ledger to a LN wallet, the keys are still kept on your Ledger, but the wallet you paired with will generate a new HTLC key for signing LN transactions. Ledger can’t sign HTLCs. At least not yet.

When pairing with an EVM wallet, Ledger holds your keys. But EVM wallets ask you to approve contracts. Ledger doesn’t know if those contract are malicious or not. If you use your Ledger to approve a malicious contract, that contract (that you approved) may have the authority to drain the contract which you may perceive as a loss of funds.

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.