Home Foren Ledger Wallet Warum hat ledger die Wiederherstellung noch nicht eingeführt?

• Dieses Thema hat 25 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 9 Monaten von putin_on_some_pants.
Ansicht von 25 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Die Art und Weise, in der Ledger entschlossen ist, die Wiederherstellung einzuführen, macht eines deutlich: Es gibt ein ernsthaftes Eigeninteresse, das wichtiger ist als alles andere, ich meine, was ist wichtiger als das Vertrauen der Kunden? Warum sollte sich ein Unternehmen sein eigenes Grab schaufeln? Ein großer Teil der Community ist verschwunden, die Nachrichten sind überall und sorgen dafür, dass neue Kunden kein Ledger mehr kaufen. Wie und warum um alles in der Welt würde eine Organisation eifrig ihren Kundenstamm zerstören, was schließlich zu ihrem Niedergang führen würde.

nightwind_999
      Gast
      SergMOrg
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Guys,

Use a passphrase (25 word). The recovery feature does not include the passphrase. You should have a passphrase now as it makes the stealing of your 24 words useless. If the recovery feature was hacked and your identity stolen or government intervention, the seed phrase will be useless without the passphrase (25 word).

If you have millions in crypto, you will use multsign scheme anyways.

Chill. Use a passphrase , secure it in a different location than your seed phrase, enjoy the ride.

N0365417
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You say a big chunk of the community is gone but really, it’s a vocal minority – a more significant number of people have made a fuss but stomached it and got on with life

nightwind_999
      Gast
      FiveGuysisBest
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A better question is why do you all who hate this service so much still hang around here? Why not just get a new wallet and unsubscribe?

You’re asking dumb questions. Just think about it. You ask “why would a company dig its own grave?” That’s not a real question. That’s just you trolling. They don’t think they’re digging their own grave. They think they’re delivering a valuable service. That’s obvious. You don’t need to ask that.

All you’re doing here is trolling. Reddit is an echo chamber of the worst side of everything. Angry people are always much much louder than satisfied people. It warps your perspective.

If you wanted something that is totally secure and completely minimized trust in third parties then you shouldn’t have bought a ledger in the first place even before this service was ever announced. Go get an airgapped solution you run off a battery. That’s not the point of ledger. Even those aren’t totally trustless and secure.

Impressive_Quote9696
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> A big chunk of community is gone

i doubt it, source? Maybe in your bubble but the majority stays and maybe even like this feature. Its just reddit crying loud, everyone else is just lurking

putin_on_some_pants
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can’t get mass adoption without a service like Recover – that’s why they rolled it out. Plus their business now has a recurring revenue stream which will attract a much higher multiple if they ever want to
      IPO.

You can complain all you like about lost trust. They’ve sacrificed some early crypto bro customers in order to create a more sustainable business.

I do think they should’ve created a specific device. But then again you’d get a group of people that want Recover and would be pissed they no have to buy a new device.

septicdank
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Arrogance and complete disregard for customer feedback. Same could be said about Reddit and the upcoming API changes.

moviemaker2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There are two options:

1. Ledger viewed the addressable market of potential customers as huge compared to existing user base, and research showed that much of the potential customers were interested in cloud backups of their hardware wallet, not realizing that a cloud backup sort of defeats the purpose of a hardware wallet. So they made this feature change in the hopes of capitalizing on their name recognition to appeal to a much larger market, at the expense of losing a certain percentage of current users.
      2. They’re idiots who didn’t realize that revealing that the private keys can be moved off the secure element undermines the entire reason most people bought a Ledger in the first place.

After all I’ve seen and read, and especially interacting with u/btchip here, I’m very confident it’s option #2.

senlek
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I really liked the Ledger experience. Have had 6 devices over the years, the last being a NanoS+ which I really liked. But I bailed to less convenient options, i.e. less ease of use (but that’s maybe partly just getting used to them). Trezor/BitBox2 and Keystone all have bitcoin only firmware options; and Jade is just bitcoin. Ledger’s disinterest in providing this option I think is indicative of their thinking. Along with the ads, swap ability, etc. on Ledger Live, I concluded that they are mostly into shitcoinery. I wanted to believe them that all was well; but the CEO’s appearance on the WBD podcast removed that hope. He came across as a hustler. Maybe having rings on every finger is the done thing in France; but he removed any positive feeling I had for the company. It’s not just a PR screw-up, it’s the company’s ethos.

Drooliog
      Gast
      Up
      Down

French arrogance.

Ledger will claim adding new code to a cold wallet will be 100% free of bugs and security vulnerabilities – just because the user isn’t making use of it – which, of course, is total bs.

Validierung
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Because it doesn’t matter. They have proven that the seed can leave the device. This isn’t supposed to be possible for a hardware wallet, that’s actually the #1 reason to buy one. So they just make business with those who need such a device for other reasons than high security.

Big-Conversation-353
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hello there, I don’t know why they still want to release that shit, especially when there are much better solutions available, such as Wizardsardine’s Liana wallet (which is compatible with Ledger, by the way).
      They are using Bitcoin timelocks to create recovery path through derivated seeds that can’t be used thanks to the timelock until you don’t use your main seed for a predetermined amount of time

Visual_Feature4269
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Money, it’s as simple as that.

IndependenceReal8973
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Doesn’t matter buy another cold wallet; and spread it to basket.

EMBEDONIX
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I can just say its state order

MatrixIsRealBabylon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you leave Ledger for Trezor you are still in the same parent company

cubeeless
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Because they are forced by the French government.

Myc0n1k
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have no problem with recovery if it’s optional and it get’s more people off of Centralized exchanges that don’t provide us private keys.

tvanborm
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger continuing to show they’re not trustworthy.

Lose this firmware, I don’t want any recover functionality in my device.

basic_user321
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Because they did a survey and found out that 90% of crypto users are scared to lose their funds with self custody so they keep them on exchanges.

That’s about a 400 million userbase.

Ledger sold 6 million devices.

Do the math.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

Yoshie5
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Money

Nimbly-Bimbly_Meow
      Gast
      Up
      Down

By not rolling it out they’d admit they were wrong – plus the damage is already done – so in the end it’s better for them to stick strong to their original plan and make it look intentional.

meparadis
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No more updates on my Ledger for me lol

Ansicht von 25 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.