Home Foren Ledger Wallet Warum ist die “Recover”-Firmware bereits freigegeben?

Ansicht von 13 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Am 23. Mai sagte der CEO von Ledger:

“Wir haben die Entscheidung getroffen, die Open-Sourcing-Roadmap zu beschleunigen! Wir werden so viel wie möglich des Ledger-Betriebssystems einbeziehen, beginnend mit den Kernkomponenten des Betriebssystems und Ledger Recover, das erst nach Abschluss dieser Arbeit veröffentlicht wird.”

Der Schlüsseltext ist:

“(Es) wird nicht freigegeben, bis diese Arbeit abgeschlossen ist.”

Die offensichtliche Frage ist also:

**Ist dieses Werk vollständig?**

Wenn nicht, dann:

**Warum wurde der Wiederherstellungsmechanismus in der Firmware für den Nano X freigegeben und für die Nutzer bereitgestellt?**

Und:

**Warum veröffentlicht Ledger weiterhin Versionen von Ledger Live, die die Recover-Funktion enthalten?**

​

it0
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I had to upgrade to this version to my dismay, or else I couldn’t perform any web3 transactions.

Even then if a site supported ledger directly the ledger live app didn’t pick up the url, only through wallet connect would it work.

Why is ledger force feeding me a firmware that clearly a large group of people do not want. Just have 2 different firmwares.

tvanborm
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Because they lied.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> The key text is:
      > “(It) won’t be released until this work is complete.”

According to the text you cite before, the “it” is the “Ledger Recover service”, not the firmware to support it:

*and Ledger Recover, which won’t be released until this work is complete.*

or do I read ledger text wrong?

ExpertInvestigator20
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You guys worried about ledger are all nuts. Go to trezor for your “SAFE” closed source code. I will stay with open source code. There’s a bunch of idiots on here that don’t know the difference. The same idiots that want to know if it’s safe to put their seed on the internet or give it to trezor for them to play with. They don’t know what they don’t know.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Why has the Recover mechanism been released and deployed to users in firmware for the Nano S Plus?

I am just curious…. How do you know it is released?

Did you look at the firmware source code?

Did you sign up for the service?

jwz9904
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just use metamask

Stiltzkinn
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why do you still keep using Ledger if they do not want to listen to your opinion?.

There are more options than Ledger now.

urchi_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If i had a dollar for every post i see about Ledger Recover, id be rich by now 😂

r_a_d_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

At this point you are purposely being a bad actor. The Whitepaper was released and you can clearly see that the firmware and LL support only a part of ledger Recovery. You couldn’t use it even if you wanted now, and having the support function in the firmware has no security consequence. All these things tell you that Recover is not yet released, but you make this post asking “WhY iS It ReLEaseD”.

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey – Updating firmware will not automatically enable the Ledger Recover provided by Coincover service once it is available in the future. The service is not live yet and it is impossible to sign up on your device or enable the feature at this stage.

For now Ledger Recover is only available for Ledger Nano X users. This firmware does not impact Ledger Nano S plus users. Check out our FAQ for more information.
      https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/9579368109597-Ledger-Recover-FAQs?docs=true

Please review our white paper for an in-depth overview of the offering:
      https://blog.ledger.com/Ledger-Recover-White-Paper/

We hope this helps clarify. Let us know if you have any other questions.

MFKDGAF
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why do you o people insist on beating a dead horse?

weedium
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is all getting so old. Would you all please stop. It’s nonsensical temper tantrums over a topic 99.9% of you don’t even understand.

AutoModerator
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The Ledger subreddit is continuously targeted by scammers. Ledger Support will never send you private messages. Never share your 24-word recovery phrase with anyone, never enter it on any
      website or software, even if it looks like it’s from Ledger. Only keep the recovery phrase as a physical paper or metal backup, never create a digital copy in text or photo form. Learn more at

BE CAREFUL – phishing attacks in progress
      byu/btchip inledgerwallet

If you’re experiencing battery problems, check out our [troubleshooting guide](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409233434641-How-to-troubleshoot-Ledger-Nano-X-battery-issues?
      support=true). If you’re still having issues head over to the [My Order page](https://my-order.ledger.com/) to explore options for replacement or refunds. [Learn more here](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/10265554529053-Return-your-product?support=true).

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/ledgerwallet) if you have any questions or concerns.*

Ansicht von 13 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.