Home Foren Ledger Wallet Warum wird die Firmware 2.2.1 immer noch angezeigt?

Ansicht von 11 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo zusammen – wenn ich meinen Ledger-Live-Desktop öffne, wird auf dem oberen Bildschirm immer noch angezeigt, dass die Firmware 2.2.1 zum Herunterladen verfügbar ist, bei der es sich um das Ledger Recover-Update handelt. Ich sehe auf der Website, dass es heruntergenommen wurde.

Habe ich ein gefälschtes Ledger Live oder sehen das auch andere?

Vielen Dank an alle

junglehypothesis
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just don’t update it until they sort this mess out.

In other news, expect heavily discounted combo packs of Bud Light and Ledger Nanos at your nearest retailer.

Separate-Forever-447
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think the question was one for Ledger. Why are they still pushing out software updates for a controversial service that’s now on hold?

Many people have asked this question, and there’s no response from Ledger or action to stop pushing it. Seems unprofessional that they don’t communicate or have control over their production release/distribution process.

How hard is it to stop pushing the update or do a new incremental release that excludes the feature for the time being?

The question is still open, regardless of everyone’s opinions about the Recover service, updating vs not updating and whatever else.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The firmware that you currently have on your ledger device (any firmware version) has the capability to sign transactions that could send all your cryptos to a hacker.

But of course, you are not really worried about the firmware having the capability to steal all your crypto, right?

That’s because you know that even though the firmware has this capability, you would need to approve the signing of those transactions on the device (i.e. approve by pressing buttons on the device) in order for the capability to be “exploited”.

From what I understand, it’s the same with the encrypted seed extracted to support the Recover service. Even if the firmware has the capability to extract the seed, you would have to approve it on your ledger device.

I don’t see that as different from the capability the firmware has to sign transactions using your seed, to send all your cryptos to some hacker. Any hardware wallet (of any brand) has this capability, but people are not worried by that, do you agree with me there?

Most-Ad-4582
      Gast
      Up
      Down

🤔

YaBastaaa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is it like a yellow/gold banner line at the top of ledger live ? See if clearing the catch on ledger live will help removing that stupid bugger firmware 2.2.1 – nobody wants that crap 💩

yorickdowne
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why has firmware 2.2.1 never shown up? Nano X, up to date Ledger Live – it’s convinced 2.1.0 is the latest and greatest. Bog standard appimage Live on Ubuntu 23.04. As vanilla as it can get.

Possible-Magazine23
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Can you sign transaction without updating it?

krisztian007
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You still need to update. And another update gonna remove it. It’s ok. Nothing special.

K42st
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I wouldn’t worry about the update and just get it done, Recover is an opt in service as far as I’m ware and running any app without up to date firmware has risks in its self.

Prestigious_Ear505
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have the same banner for the 2.2.1 upgrade. I have not cleared my LL cache but will try soon.

Zolota666
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The boogeyman is real 2 n u should believe all FUD u see on internet cos internet never lie

Ansicht von 11 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.