Home Foren Ledger Wallet Was hat es mit der Abkündigung des Ledger Nano S auf sich / Ledger Live

Ansicht von 16 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe einige Beiträge gesehen, in denen Leute nicht in der Lage waren, ihren Ledger Nano S zu benutzen, nachdem sie auf das neueste Ledger Live aktualisiert hatten. Der Support sagte ihnen, sie sollten eine neuere Version kaufen, da die Hardware nicht mehr unterstützt werde, da sie abgekündigt sei. Ich finde das schwer zu glauben, weil es erst vor ein paar Monaten eingestellt wurde.

Davon abgesehen habe ich eine ältere Version von Ledger Live und habe nicht aktualisiert, kann es also nicht überprüfen, aber ist es Zeit, eine neue Geldbörse zu kaufen?

Vielen Dank im Voraus für alle hilfreichen Antworten.

Edit: Der Ledger-Support hat unten geantwortet, dass der Ledger Nano S weiterhin unterstützt wird.

*”Hey,

*Das ist nicht der Fall, in der Tat. Alle aktuellen Versionen von Ledger Live unterstützen Ledger Nano S-Geräte und werden für eine lange Zeit unterstützt.*

*Ihre Bedenken beziehen sich eher auf bestimmte Betriebssysteme. Zum Beispiel funktioniert Ledger Live offiziell auf Windows 10 (64-bit) oder späteren Versionen. Dennoch war es möglich, Ledger Live auf älteren Betriebssystemen wie Windows 7 oder 8 zu verwalten. Mit den letzten Updates wurde die Kompatibilität von Ledger Live mit diesen alten Betriebssystemen aufgehoben und der Benutzer musste es mit einem neueren Betriebssystem versuchen. “*

Funkycold6
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Mine still works with no issues. Just tried the other day. I logged on and was able to connect, So not sure what the deal is

VivaHollanda
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have version 2.69.0, according to the website the latest version that was released on September 28, 2023. It works fine with my Ledger Nano S, which is six and a half year old.

duckofdeath87
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t understand it either, but it makes me extremely nervous about using my ledger. If they can discontinue products and force software updates, then their products aren’t cold storage. False Advertising.

DishwashingUnit
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I just plugged in a Nano S and Ledger Live updated it just fine. Is there a link to Ledger’s site that explains this? If so, my Google fu isn’t up to finding it if it exists. From where I’m sitting this sounds like a false rumor.

Edit: [This page](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015216913-Frequently-asked-questions?docs=true) from January 2023 says Nano S will continue to be supported in the future as it has its own use cases and they feel the devices complement each other.

cogentat
      Gast
      Up
      Down

An item that has the words COLD and STORAGE in the product description should never be phased out completely. Period.

They should FEEL obligated to maintain support, even if it’s just minimal enough to allow people to extricate their funds, be it in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years.

When I bought my first hardware wallet, my thought was that if I go into a coma, or just ignore the market for twenty years, my Nano S would always be there ready to bring back my funds as I need them. I could wake up to a different world, but Bitcoin and my Ledger would be there to keep my funds safe. That was sadly naive.

The fact that they are phasing out this kind of product in a matter of a few years is honestly outrageous.

Or has it really become so crazy to expect that level of customer care, forethought, and support?

Robert_Ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey,

That is not the case, in fact. All the latest versions of Ledger Live are support Ledger Nano S devices and will support for a long time.

Your concern is more related to certain operational systems. For example, Ledger Live officially works on Windows 10 (64-bit) or later versions. Nevertheless, it was possible to manage Ledger Live on older OS like Windows 7 or 8. Then the latest updates broke the compatibility of Ledger Live on these old OS and a user would need to try on the newer operational system.

drjacks
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My Nano S screen stopped working after sitting in a dark drawer for years even without connecting to power once. So, check it out from time to time and do not forget about seed backup. Just saying.

MikeTampa69
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There are better options than any ledger products since greed has infected their company. You need to practice using a different device for common sense purposes.

theuros
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is possible to use two devices for one wallet? I own nano s and I’m thinking to buy some other hardwallet and use recover phrase there.

Doing this I can test if my phrase actually works and then I will have a backup device if nano s fails.

itsaworry
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve got Ledger Live version 2.69.0 on my laptop and use a 3yr old Nano S . . . what’s started happening in the last month is when i click on My Ledger on the menu it starts buffering , the wheel of infinity begins to spin . . . . . . . i let it spin for a while , then logged off , came back and more spinning , so i plugged my Nano in anyway and put the pin number in and the App catalog and Apps installed page came up as it should . so not a Nano S issue , but some glitch with version 2.69.0 . .. .. . . . . will keep using the basic Nano S as long as it works , to access my coins .

philcsik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

When I have Nano S, and I buy a new one, will the portfolio be on the new device, by entering my seed phrase? (12 digits or?)

ExamAccomplished6865
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Considering it supports only 3-4 cryptos max at a time without having to load and uninstall accounts and apps, it’s time for an upgrade

KIG45
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As far as I know the NanoS will continue to be used until the device itself fails. Mine works fine so far, I’d even say better than the NanoS+ where I sometimes have a mismatch with the buttons. I mean it shows right click acknowledge but you have to press both at the same time. I don’t know if it happens to anyone else.

gfhhdj89
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Use Sparrow Desktop wallet. But it is Bitcoin only.

JohnnyDoGood98
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Uh I use both nano S and X on live. X I’ve had for 4 years, S I got a few months ago. Only issue I’ve had is I randomly couldn’t log into my account so I had to reset it. I added the S without and issue again and am picking up my X from the safe deposit box so I’ll add it back Monday. I update when it asks me to update.

jjhart827
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So can someone boil all of this down for me? If I have a BTC wallet on a Nano S, and put it in a safe for ten years, will I or will I not be able to retrieve that BTC?

Ansicht von 16 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.