Home Foren Ledger Wallet Was ist jetzt zu tun?

Ansicht von 12 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich versuche derzeit, nach diesem Skandal mit der Recovery-Firmware eine Rückerstattung von Ledger zu erhalten.

Ich frage mich an dieser Stelle, ist es sicherer, Ihr Geld auf einem Austausch wie Coinbase oder die Ledger Post beschissenen Firmware haben. Oder sind sie so ziemlich gleich? Von allem, was ich über die jüngsten schlechten Züge auf Ledger Teil gesehen habe, würde es verlassen mich zu glauben, Coinbase ist sicherer.

Ist es immer noch etwas besser, Ihre Krypto auf einem Ledger haben? Und wenn nicht, würde ich gerne hören, was ihr Jungs getan haben, um Ihre Mittel seit diesem Fall von Ledger zu sichern.

Separate-Forever-447
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger harmed its own reputation through poor communication, misleading if not untruthful statements, and a security compromise that discarded one of the key tenets of crypto: self-custody, all while continuing to claim that “nothing changed”.

If you aren’t happy with Ledger, evaluate other wallet options.

Centralized exchanges are for buying and selling crypto, not storing it.

-allomorph-
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Safer on Ledger. No news ever on their wallets being hacked (the customer info is separate). There have been many exchanges go down. Trust is involved, but I trust them more than something like FTX.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It is much safer to secure your cryptos with a ledger, compared to keeping your crypto on a centralized exchange. And Ledger is one of the safest hardware wallet in existence.

There is no “recovery firmware scandal”, but only FUD by people who do not understand how a hardware wallet works (and never did), and who did not read the Recover white-paper. Those people think that Ledger will take their seed out of their ledger devices and give them to their government, without their knowledge.

As long as you do not use this Recover service, nothing changes with the security of your seed and of the cryptos secured with your ledger. I know I will be voted down for giving correct information, but hey, this is Reddit!

joannew99
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You have to realize that Ledger is not the only hardware wallet option. There are other wallets that exist. To save $ you can also store crypto using Electrum (google how to do this).

r_a_d_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The only scandal here is the ignorance of those that are scandalized.

Flaky-Wedding2455
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Would still use ledger over exchange or hot wallet personally. I am still using ledger but have diversified my larger holdings onto 3 other cold wallets. I was already already using a D’cent and now also a tangem card and ellipal. Personally I think ledger is still safe, just not as safe as we were all led to believe. Each of my wallets has their own set of pluses and minuses. It would hurt if I lost 1/4 of my holdings somehow but I would be crushed if I lost everything so I am spreading it out. Anyway this is my way.

psxndc
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As someone that just got back only 35% of the crypto I had on Voyager because they went bankrupt, I’ll take Ledger, warts and all, all day every day over keeping crypto on any exchange.

I’m still open to other wallets, but I’m not in a rush to be honest.

Jim-Helpert
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey there, allow me to please clarify a few misconceptions, firstly, Ledger Recover is definitely not a scandal. The firmware update doesn’t automatically activate Ledger Recover.
      Also, Recover is not even launched yet
      When launched, Recover will be completely optional and will require your explicit consent to be activated, we’ll never force you to use the service!
      if you don’t like the service, just ignore it and continue using your device as before, you’re always in control, more can be explained here: [https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/9579368109597-Ledger-Recover-FAQs?docs=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/9579368109597-Ledger-Recover-FAQs?docs=true)

If you want to further make sure your private keys are even more safe, then you can set-up a 25th passphrase on top of your 24 words recovery phrase. The passphrase feature is available on all Ledger devices and allows you to create an additional password tied to your Secret Recovery Phrase. For each Secret Recovery Phrase, a different passphrase leads to a new set of private keys and accounts. The Ledger Recover service, if used/subscribed to, does not backup your passphrase.

Alone-Hospital-6028
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nah. A cold wallet is always safer. Ledger might be scummy, but the security of being cold is there. If nothing else, ledger is safer… of course up until they decide to make the 3 stage shard private phrase backup be mandatory.

G0DL33
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Wow… that was a long winded way to tell us you have no idea about blockchains. Store your funds on coinbase bro. They will probably be fine.

KeyAdmirable1855
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What’s the main reason why you don’t want to keep your funds on ledger now?

tchofs
      Gast
      Up
      Down

ledger nano S = funds are safu

Ansicht von 12 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.