Home Foren Trezor Wallet Was ist zu tun, wenn es eine neue Firmware gibt?

Ansicht von 5 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo zusammen. Ich hatte ein Ledger-Gerät von vor Jahren, das ein erforderliches Firmware-Update hatte, und als ich es aktualisierte, verlor ich den Zugang zu meiner BTC-Wallet-Adresse. Ledger Support hat überhaupt nicht geholfen, schob es auf Benutzerfehler, behauptete, dass es unmöglich ist, meine Münzen zu verlieren, da ich immer noch meine geheimen Worte hatte. Ich habe versucht, die geheimen Wörter wiederherzustellen und konnte nach monatelangem Ausprobieren vieler verschiedener Dinge meinen BTC-Wallet-Ableitungspfad nicht mehr finden. Alle meine ETH und andere Münzen waren immer noch da, einfach keine Transaktionsaufzeichnung oder Geschichte meines Seeds, die jemals an eine aktive BTC-Wallet gebunden war.

Meine Frage: Was kann ich tun, wenn Trezor ein neues Firmware-Update hat, um dies zu verhindern? Oder gibt es eine Möglichkeit, um sicherzustellen, dass meine Geldbörsen tatsächlich mit meinem Seed verbunden sind?

Wie Sie sich vorstellen können, bin ich nach diesem Vorfall ziemlich paranoid und möchte wirklich nicht, dass dieses Ereignis jemals wieder passiert. Ziemlich quälend, eine Tonne BTC zu verlieren, nachdem ich jahrelang gehalten habe, und dann für Benutzerfehler verantwortlich gemacht zu werden, nachdem es passiert ist.

Danke, ich freue mich auf die Nutzung von Trezor.

cuoyi77372222
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Generally, firmware updates are completely safe and nothing bad happens.

Sometimes, though, something will glitch during the update and the device will wipe itself. Although this is rare, you must always be prepared for this to happen.

As long as you know your seedphrase and your passphrase, it is impossible to lose access to your wallet. It might be inconvenient to type the words back into the device, or to replace the device if it is damaged, but other than that inconvenience, it really is impossible for you to lose access to your wallet if a firmware update fails (or anything else happens) as long as you know the seedphrase and passphrase. That is 100%.

If you want to know if your wallets are tied to your seed, open an incognito tab (so that nothing from previously is remembered), go to [https://suite.trezor.io/web](https://suite.trezor.io/web) and login with your trezor and passphrase. You should see the same addresses and same funds that you expect to see. That would prove that your funds are on your device with your passphrase.

If you want to test your seedphrase, do the dry-run in Suite.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I was likewise paranoid so my solution was to buy two Trezors. I have one with me, and the other locked away. When a firmware update comes out, I don’t update, but just verify that my local-trezor still shows my coins. If it does, I swap it with my remote-trezor then perform the update on the one I pulled out of remote storage.

No matter what happens, I have one Trezor that shows the coins at all times. Usually both show the coins, but just in case… right.

hoopstar80
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The derivation path issue can cause loss of coins too for third party wallets

kaacaSL
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi, u/cuoyi77372222 summed it up well. The firmware update itself does not pose any risk to your coins. However, prior the update, we suggest verifying your seed by performing the Dry-run recovery: [https://wiki.trezor.io/User_manual:Dry-run_recovery](https://wiki.trezor.io/User_manual:Dry-run_recovery)
      If the results confirm that you have a correct seed, you can be sure that even if the device wiped itself during the update, you would still be able to regain access to your coins.

fubolibs
      Gast
      Up
      Down

When i got my ledger (or ANy hw device to be honest), i litrally did this:

1. transfer a small amount to the hw wallet.
      2. kill the hw wallet (on ledger just enter PIN wrong 3 times)
      3. uninstall everything
      4. recover with seed
      5. reinstall ledger software
      6. see the balance on the screen.
      7. Transfer another small amount and see it gets updated.

This confirms the seed i had written down is correct. Most likely you didn’t write down the seed or the order correctly.

Ansicht von 5 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.