Home Foren Ledger Wallet Was mich an der ganzen Sache wütend macht und was mich dazu bringt, das Schiff zu verlassen, ist, dass sie schlichtweg gelogen haben

Ansicht von 22 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Fehler kann ich verzeihen. Jemand hat es vermasselt, und solange es nicht versteckt wird oder die Schuldfrage gestellt wird. Dann soll es so sein.

Mein ganzes Problem ist sogar, dass sie Open Source machen. Ich kann ihnen einfach nicht trauen. Sie sagten ganz offen, dass ein Firmware-Update niemals in der Lage sein wird, Ihre Schlüssel aus dem Gerät zu ziehen.

Dann haben sie dies getan und so getan, als hätten wir ihnen die ganze Zeit vertraut, dass sie unsere Schlüssel nicht stehlen. In Wirklichkeit wurde uns gesagt, dass es unmöglich ist, also war Vertrauen nicht nötig.

​

Wenn sie es vermasselt haben, ja, dann würde ich immer noch zu einer anderen Geldbörse wechseln. Aber ich würde ihnen eine weitere Chance geben. Aber sie lügen (wissentlich oder unwissentlich) und tun dann später schockiert, weil wir ihnen vertraut haben, dass sie nicht die ganze Zeit solche dubiosen Tricks abziehen, und es gab kein “Es tut uns leid, dass wir nicht wussten, dass dies vorher möglich war” bla bla bla.

Ich weiß nicht, ob ich ihnen jemals wieder vertrauen werde.

Year3030
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I agree. The upside is that if they open source everything they can lie all they want as long as there is verification that the hardware is secure.

Smior
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I opened up my Ledger box packaging and a piece of paper fell out with the words “Trust Yourself”. Yes, Ledger, that’s what I was trying to do. That was the whole point of cryptocurrency. Third party recovery is neither required nor desired.

mushambani
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Any coldwallet that this cant be done? As far as i know, they Just let us know something we didnt. That if they want they can extracto the seed from your wallet, but ledger or any other wallet no? Or there is one that this cant be done?
      I mean i m also mad, i thougth it was 100% secure on a coldwallet and in the end it isnt. But still been the best way to keep your coins “secure”]

SoftPenguins
      Gast
      Up
      Down

While this isn’t exactly a rugpull it sure does feel like it. Same emotions, same feeling of being fucked over and lied to. No amount of PR spin and fine print lawyer speak can repair the situation. We’ve been had.

Cultural_Bit9176
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Bye!

Slow-Bookkeeper7486
      Gast
      Up
      Down

lmao ok. switch to trezor and risk getting hacked then. you ppl are funny.

Mammoth_Lie9681
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Everyone lies.

ChadRun04
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That’s the take home. Marketing Department were allowed to sell the impression that Secure Element was immutable and only used for signing, when the tech docs say otherwise.

This was allowed to happen. Because it brought in sales.

SonofAtlantis
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah, I’ve responded to similar threads, but I’ll say it again, in other words. Because we’re looking at money storage/preservation, any software/hardware third party now has a level of fiduciary responsibility towards you. That was the “trust” role banks USED to fill. They had some level of accountability (not any more it seems, which is why people are turning to crypto). This level of accountability is going to have to be embodied by our wallet system providers, unless you want to do everything on your own.

As far as Ledger goes, it’s one thing to risk a malicious firmware harvesting your keys, but it’s another to know that an entity that’s ALREADY LOST CUSTOMER ACCOUNT INFO IN A HACK ATTACK might now have the means to access/store your keys.

Either_Inflation_960
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Don’t worry. Be happy.

BusinessBreakfast3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Man, just switch wallets. Don’t even think about Ledger anymore.

Fuck Ledger!

ProofPattern789
      Gast
      Up
      Down

they won’t open source everything. only the software sadly

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[removed]

pmatus3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No they didn’t lie you just have no clue what you bought. It might see like they are backtracking now issuing apologies etc etc but they are in dmg control and will say absolutely anything to shut you morons up. Cold card also has an SE and can be abused in the same way ledger can, jade and trezor don’t have SE and can be easily hacked if someone gets access to it. Personally I hope you buy a overpriced and useless cold card so coinkite can make a killing of you.

supermarcoa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If the code is open source no lies and no need to trust Ledger, you can just verify

MFKDGAF
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What alternatives are there for the replacement of Ledger?
      I’ve tried Trezor but did not like it.

Future-Tomorrow
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Most everything you stated in your post was addressed in the AMA last night/yesterday afternoon (depends on where in the world you are). I’m in Malaysia so it was 12:30 am here.

Paul, or one of the other speakers admitted they spoke to the wrong people. Really?

>…They either hired a company that told them what they wanted to hear vs letting the data reveal its truths, **they recruited the wrong participants that are not representative of Ledgers business…**

I said that 5 days ago [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/13ldgcl/comment/jkpsinu/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3). I’ve been a UXR for over 8 years now and have worked with some of the biggest global brands. It’s clear to me what happened here.

To make matters worse, and slightly displayed last night, this Ledger incident is a great “communications” case study (I’m up to 3 already) for crypto start-ups amongst others. This space loves to not pay for the proper talent and allow people who should not be publicly speaking to grab a mic and/or have access to Twitter.

Lattice1 did the same thing just days after Ledgers fumble.

Overall, Paul and Ledger didn’t sound genuine. I’d think that’s the issue you and others might want to be concerned about as well. The ending “we value our customers” sounded strained and their CS in the Ledger sub as well as their reviews on TrustPilot tells a very different story.

I’m still considering what to do, though the least amount of my assets are on my Ledger. I already have a Trezor and if I was confident about my current address and the next 2 months I’d have already ordered the Ellipal Titan. Been looking at that company since 2021. It’s air gapped.

In the meantime, I’m not overly concerned with this issue as there is no way come heaven or hell I’d ever opt-in to Recover. If they were smart they would do more than just accelerate their open-source roadmap and they’d make this “feature” a completely different service/device.

reddorical
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is it still possible to create bitcoin private keys totally independently of any 3rd party provider and simply keep the seed phrase on a piece of paper?

Sabueso01
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I was putting off buying a ledger for months, I ended up buying one for my daughter as a gift and one for me and now i can’t even return them because it’s been three weeks. Fuck You Ledger

debbbs123
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hello. Reality check. You are being lied 99% of the time by most companies.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

Nimbly-Bimbly_Meow
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes – several people are trying to criticize us who are walking away saying we “don’t understand how HW work” don’t understand “trust.” And once trust is broken, we can’t trust them with their HW wallets. When it comes down to it, it’s 10% how their wallet works and 90% that they lied.

Ansicht von 22 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.