Home Foren Trezor Wallet Was passiert, wenn Trezor in Konkurs geht?

• Dieses Thema hat 16 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Woche, 2 Tage von No-Gear-1472.
Ansicht von 16 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Frage eines Laien…

Ich will Trezor hier nicht schlecht reden. Das Unternehmen hat großartige Produkte hergestellt.

aber hier ist ein Szenario von >0 Wahrscheinlichkeit…

Nehmen wir an, ich verliere im Jahr 2045 meinen Trezor, habe aber noch die Seed-Phrasen.

Wenn es den Trezor noch gibt, könnte ich einfach einen neuen Trezor kaufen, um meine Wallet wiederzubekommen.

Aber was ist, wenn es den trezor in 20 Jahren nicht mehr gibt und man nirgendwo trezor-Geräte kaufen kann?

Ändert sich die Antwort, wenn Ihre Wallet durch Multi-Sig-Seed-Phrasen geschützt ist?

​

FalconCrust
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your same seed phrase can be used with pretty much any other wallet (software or hardware) to regenerate the same keypair (public and private), so no worries. This is all part of the Hierarchical Deterministic Wallet standard that everybody uses. Multi-sig is included in the standard, so you’ll be ok on that too.

BENED01
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A Trezor device or any hardware device doesn’t matter as much as your private key does.

In the case of Trezor, the private key is stored securely within the hardware device itself and can be accessed using your seed phrase.

As long as you keep the seed phrase safe and intact, you could use it to recover your private keys and access your funds on a compatible wallet or another hardware wallet, even if Trezor stops producing devices or supporting its services.

Professor_Game1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The software would still work to access your wallet because it’s self custody

simonmales
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[https://trezor.io/learn/a/common-security-threats](https://trezor.io/learn/a/common-security-threats) -> Trezor shutting down

headline-pottery
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your seed *is* your crypto bro – the Trezor is a just a way of spending your crypto that balances security with convivence. Hot wallets or crypto at exchange accounts are more convenient (you can spend them faster) but much less secure (exchange going bust, wallets or computers being hacked). Airgapped cold wallets and seeds stamped on metal are much more secure but much, much less convenient.

AutoModerator
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Please bear in mind that no one from the Trezor team would send you a private message first.
      If you want to discuss a sensitive issue, we suggest contacting our Support team via the Troubleshooter: https://trezor.io/support/

**No one from the Trezor team (Reddit mods, Support agents, etc) would ever ask for your recovery seed!**
      Beware of scams and phishings: https://blog.trezor.io/recognize-and-avoid-phishing-ef0948698aec

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/TREZOR) if you have any questions or concerns.*

Blackcherry777
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can also use the trezor with Sparrow wallet so if for some reason Trezor Suite doesn’t work or gets compromised you can easily use trezor with Sparrow wallet.

TelevisionKey3891
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You would be fine.

Go buy whatever hardware wallet they have in 2045, put your seed in it, and your Gucci.

LordCain
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How does seed recovery work with a hidden wallet. You put your seed in another wallet and you get access to normal and hidden wallet at the same time?

nmbb101
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just buy now as much trezor as you can for future problems🤣🤣

Jand0s
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nothing happens. Coins are not inside the trezor but on the blockchain. Read FAQ

Specific_Cellist_136
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You should read the explanation I gave to LordCain in his comment earlier. It helps to think about “hardware wallets” not as wallets but as containers. The actual wallet is the public/private key pair. The network keeps a record of how much ETH (or other) each public keys holds, and same with each smart contract, the balance of each address is stored in the contract.

And as mentioned in my earlier comment, the key pairs are derived from the seed phrases itself and the hashing algorithm used to derived it.

The “container” for the key pair doesn’t matter when constructing a wallet. If you have the seed phrases you can place it in any other “container”, and as long as they implement the BIP32 standard for hierarchical deterministic wallets, you should arrive at the same key pair (or “wallet”).

Hardware wallets are useful containers though because you are able to sign transactions completely disconnected from the internet, and you don’t have to worry about your seed phrases of private keys being exposed to a potential hacker on your computer/phone.

-monoid-
      Gast
      Up
      Down

it would not be a big deal although trezor already proven you cannot rely on them. Look what they did with the password manager. They had problems with google and they just discontinued their product and not given a fuck. Password manager is a pretty sensible product to abandon your users like this. Thankfully I am a programmer with xp in crypto for almost 10 years and I know how to write my software to do the same. Hence O could wrote my own script and decode my password file locally.

They should have provided those tools to users. But they do not give a fuck about you. My dad had the same problem and if it was not for me decoding his encrypted password he just did not had the skill to solve the issue.

Hence, be aware of these guys

trimalcus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Even if in theory the seed could be reused in other wallet with BIP39 this is not always true for all coins and you could end up with a different account

Beware : For Monero XMR the derivation path IS NOT the same in between ledger and Trezor for the same seed ! Because XMR didn’t use BIP39 natively. And Trezor and Ledger team didn’t use the same derivation path …

CaptainPC5000
      Gast
      Up
      Down

He means he has a shamir wallet or and the only way I found if you lost the trezor was to buy a new trezor and I think it needed to be the newer version. I’d love to find out that’s not true any more tho so someone please correct me.

No-Gear-1472
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This comment / question can’t be real LOL

Ansicht von 16 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.