Home Foren Trezor Wallet Was soll ich mit einer zweiten Trezor machen?

• Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 4 Monaten von alfioalfio.
Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Guten Morgen zusammen.

Ich möchte Ihre Meinung wissen.

Ich beabsichtige, eine zweite trezor (ein) zu kaufen.

Mein Zweifel ist:

Soll ich die Firmware jetzt installieren, oder lasse ich den Trezor in der Schachtel, unberührt, und starte ihn nur, wenn ich ihn brauche?

Ich danke Ihnen im Voraus so sehr.

Niwde101
      Gast
      Up
      Down

leave it untouched if you are not going to use it anytime soon.
      you can always update the firmware once you’re ready to use.

TurbulentInternet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I will make sure it is a working unit, i.e. not faulty screen/buttons/usb. Then I’ll make a short test, reset it and store it until needed.

JR-6420
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have 2nd one in the box still just as a backup

Ill_Employ_4823
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi All , I will be input my current Trezor private key into the new bought Trezor one as a duplicate cold wallet , are there any conflict when I have transactions on both device ? Thx

YesYesYesVeryGood
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As long as you have the Trezor Word Seed for the Trezor you are using, you will be fine. No need to open the second Trezor up as yet.

My first Trezor actually failed, and I bought a second one and used the 24 Word Seed to restore the settings from my first Trezor. It was easy to do. It was kind of nerve racking at first because this was a 2016 Hard Wallet failing, and me updating to a new Hard Wallet in 2022.

glkwO
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Interesting. Why are you considering this?

JeffWest01
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can kill several birds with one stone:
      – load your seed words on it (the safe way using the screen) to test that your back up correct

This will test your seed words and verify that the trezor works fine.

Then factory reset it and put it away.

alfioalfio
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If I understand correctly old bootloader/old firmware (as in not yet initialized devices) may have security holes. At least one of these holes allow hacking into the Trezor and replace the existing firmware/bootloader. But hell, you can update everything before using it, so it’ll never be a security hole that can be exploted remotely!

For local physical attacks: if you have a problem to ensure the physical integrity of the shrink wrapped package (not being swapped out or so) then you have a much larger problem with your first Trezor.

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.