Home Foren Trezor Wallet Wechsel von Ledger zu Trezor

• Dieses Thema hat 14 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Monaten von jkd-guy.
Ansicht von 14 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo Leute, aufgrund des letzten Firmware-Updates und der Nicht-Open-Source möchte ich meine Hardware-Wallet von Ledger auf Trezor umstellen.
      Einige Fragen:
      1. Kann ich einfach eine Trezor kaufen und sie mit meiner bestehenden Ledger-Phrase “wiederherstellen”?
      2. Was passiert danach mit dem Ledger? Kann ich zwei Wallets mit derselben Phrase haben?

Was denken Sie über Bitbox aus der Schweiz?

Vielen Dank im Voraus für Ihre Hilfe 🙏🏻

hquer
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1. yes you can import your existing seed
      2. yes ledger will still have access to your wallet if you leave the seed within it

If you switch to Trezor because you are concerned that ledger (the company) might have your seed already or might extract it in the future: set your Trezor up as new wallet with a fresh seed and transfer your assets to the new wallets.

To quote the butcher from Diablo _ahh, fresh seed!_

ElGuano
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There’s little point doing so.

1. The seed recovery should work exactly this way, I believe even the plausible deniability derivation path is the same.

2. Main q is: do you not trust Ledger at all, or just going forward? If going forward, just don’t update your ledger anymore, don’t use Recover, and wipe the device. If not at all, assume Ledger already has your seed, and immediately create a new set directly on your Trezor.

At least, that’s what I’m doing.

HistoryFun6077
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor or ellipal? Which is better and why?

random_user7980
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’d get the trezor and generate new seeds.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Can i just buy a Trezor on and ‘recover’ it with my existing ‘Ledger’ phrase?

Yes, you can recover all your BIP39 coins. If you are an EARLY Ledger adopter, the oldest Ledger wallets had a “bug” in ETH where they placed it in a different spot (mathematically). Ledger can still recover the ETH but you have to tell it to look for the ETH in accordance with the old Ledger bug.

Also, since XMR (Monero) is not a BIP39 coin, the math for how Ledger stores it is different than the math for how Trezor does it (SLIP-10). You have to recover XMR in software first, then move it to hardware. This is a problem, if you think about it, since giving a hardware seed-mnemonic to software exposes ALL coins under that seed-mnemonic. So if you have XMR you need off your Ledger, I’d advice you just keep the XMR on the Ledger, or just create a new seed entirely and move all the coins over the blockchain.

> after that, what will happen with the ledger? can i have two wallets with same phrase?

Yes, that will be fine. I’d advice you keep your Ledger around as a backup device. The “Ledger Recover” PR mess was not a technical defect in Ledger, it just exposed the marketing lie that firmware couldn’t read the seed-mnemonic. [Every hardware wallet](https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Hardware_wallet) knows the seed-mnemonic.

> What do you think about Bitbox from Switzerland?

Switzerland and Czech Republic (Trezor) are not in the [Five Eyes](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes), Nine-Eyes, or Fourteen-Eyes, but they are part of the “focused cooperation” group of Europe. One thing that makes Trezor better than Bitbox (IMHO) is that [Trezor has a canary](https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/comments/13k92nw/how_opensourciness_prevents_the_ledger_seed_issue/), and Bitbox does not.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

GaRGa77
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can but you should just make new wallet and transfer funds to be 100% safe

K42st
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think you’re missing many points, change from Ledger to an open source Trezor wallet that’s fine I get that, but what you’re missing is most crypto (BTC) isn’t stolen by compromised seed phrases because that’s difficult, most hackers will use other vectors to steal your coins so it pretty pointless thinking one wallet is better than another.

You’ll hear many idiots on Reddit saying yeah man so what about air-gapping but it’s still riddled with vectors that a hacker can use to steal your precious crypto, Ledger although they are snakes have very similar protections as any other wallet.

No wallet maker is infallible against hacks because if they were they’d offer a full guaranteed insurance and they don’t.

Think Smart not what you’re told and do your homework.

mcgravier
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> 1. Can i just buy a Trezor on and ‘recover’ it with my existing ‘Ledger’ phrase?

Yes, be aware however, that very early firmware versions used non standard derivation path for Ethereum addresses. In that case you’ll have to move funds to trezor address

> 2. after that, what will happen with the ledger? can i have two wallets with same phrase

Yes you can have two wallets with the same phrase. Both can send transactions, and will see all incoming ones as well

JerryGallow
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can import your existing seed into trezor, but I was unable to get metamask to recognize it because trezor uses a different derivation path. So far metamask+trezor doesn’t have the option to change the derivation path, whereas metamask+ledger does. If you’re using eth and mm, they either need to add that feature or you need to transfer funds to your new wallet seed.

mickhick95
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I woild generate a new seed on the trezor wallet. What if ledger exported everyone seeds already without notice…

TheFcknVoid
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m going to miss ledger live on my phone. Is there a similar way to check my balance on an iPhone with Trezor?

FlexonNL
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’d advise you to make a need seed and transfer the funds to the new wallet. This way you don’t have to rely on Ledger’s for any security going forward.

jkd-guy
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have a Trezor T and a Bitbox02 among others. I like them both. Consider also a BC Vault (basic). They’re a little pricey.

Ansicht von 14 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.