Home Foren Ledger Wallet Wenn Ledger dadurch in Konkurs geht:

Ansicht von 37 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Die meisten von euch machen sich Sorgen um die Firmware und was sie damit anstellen können. Aber ich mache mir eher Sorgen, was sie tun werden, wenn sie fallen und in Konkurs gehen. Wird das ein Kipppunkt sein und sie über die Klippe stürzen? Werden sie so wütend werden, dass sie heimlich alle privaten Schlüssel der Benutzer herausnehmen und sich aus dem Staub machen?

Was ich gelernt habe, ist, dass wir nicht korrupt oder böse sind, bis uns jemand dazu macht. Und es ist nicht schwer, das zu ändern.

Ich mache mir Sorgen über die Nachwirkungen dieses Fiaskos. Ich bin zuversichtlich, dass es für sie keinen Grund gibt, es jetzt oder jemals zuvor zu tun, aber wenn ihr Imperium zu fallen beginnt, gibt ihnen das definitiv einen Grund.

F1shB0wl816
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why would ledger go bankrupt? They’ve already sold you the product and despite what anyone thinks about their recovery service, it does have a place that will attract users. They might not stay on the same trajectory but ledger isn’t going anywhere.

Separate-Forever-447
      Gast
      Up
      Down

translation: “accept the degraded security and trust. be nice to ledger, or they might retaliate”

wow. thanks. 😂

Daddio_87
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hmmm sorry not sorry. A company is a company, and if they go under due to their handling of business then so be it. If they decide to do something criminal, there will be a lot more eyes on them now because of past wrong doings in the crypto space and they will have to face the consequences.

You have to make your OWN decision on what to do. If it scares you, then move to a different wallet. Plain and simple.

ts_wrathchild
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Like another redditor said, and I’m paraphrasing here – the introduction of trust was the breaking point of the trust.

The possibilities are endless as to what Ledger does next. I’d certainly like to think this wouldn’t happen, but doubt is in the air. If you’re in wealth preservation mode, which I’d assume we all are, there is simply no need to take a risk with this company moving forward.

Why would you? To save yourself a couple of hours in setting up a new device and moving your assets? To save in transaction fees that the move would cost you? To save ~$150 from having to order a new device from a company not embroiled in chaos?

None of these things sound fun or cheap – but they are a helluva lot more fun and less costly than losing your nestegg.

I doubted the Celsius FUD and that cost me nearly ~150k.

Never again.

ElGuano
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t think they would suddenly become criminals like that.

The real risk is that if Ledger goes bankrupt, they’ll stop providing or updating Ledger Live, and your devices will become effectively bricked. Yes, you can still use 3p tools like Electrum, but how many existing customers are going to go through that effort? And once Live is gone and Ledger is no longer around to police malware, how many nefarious google ads will pop up pointing users to fake versions that try to steal your keys?

For those who are opposed to Ledger’s recent moves with Recover and secure element key extraction, the best possible outcome would be for Ledger to survive this with some lasting bruises, reverse course, become more transparent, and move on to be successful long term in the space.

PedanticRomantic1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is all FUD. If you don’t trust Ledger get a new wallet. Ledger as a company wants to on board more people and succeed in the long term. They have proven themselves to be honest for years. This firmware update allows you to use a new feature IF YOU WANT TO OPT IN. Its for the millions of people with an IQ of 10 that cant keep track of their seed phrase. I have multiple trezors and ledgers and will continue using them all. Good luck.

R0Y-BATTY
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is second primary reason I left and went to a competitor, if this was to happen it’s bad news for all and it will be too late once it’s in the public domain to do anything about it.

darkniven
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Jesus H. Listen, if they did they’d be FUCKED. Now lay off whatever is giving you these paranoid delusions.

philcsik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why is it not possible to create my own seed phrase of (30?) words? Whitout beeing offered from ledger?

Future-Tomorrow
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah…it would definitely give them a reason to go to jail for a very very long time.

Lots of businesses have failed in crypto and the greater percent or majority never had the brazen idea to run off with customers funds.

With all due respect, I think you’re letting your imagination get the better of you 🙃

pmatus3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Majority of you are morons if you think ledger is somehow compromised by this, yet do not realize pretty much the same vector is possible with literally any hardware wallet on the market se or no se doesn’t make a difference. IMHO LEDGER EAS RIGHT WHEN THEY SAID THAT THERE IS ALWAYS A DEGREE OF TRUST INVOLVED IN HARDWARE WALLETS.

Athexis
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor

Trudahamzik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I believe there’s no way they can extract your private keys unless you approve. I would advice against upgrading to any of their recent updated firmware. Just use it in tandem with your software wallets and I think you should be good

Dillydoooo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Here folks, is the typical Reddit user

cf_dtrg385
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Drink a glass of warm milk and go lay your ass down. The paranoia is getting ridiculous in this sub..

KuciMane
      Gast
      Up
      Down

oh my god crypto is full of fucking children

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

chente08
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Don’t care, I moved my funds to a bitbox02 with a new seed

FewMagazine938
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Stop smoking that good stuff..you are too paranoid.

Spartanarrow2023
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i slept very well yesterday night after i transferred out all my cryptos to another brand wallet. freaking 4 days of nerve cracking …

Slow-Bookkeeper7486
      Gast
      Up
      Down

they’re not likely to go bankrupt. it’s actually very few people outraged about this but as always, the loudest are typically the least informed.

Haruv
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Exactly why I left lmao
      Fuck ledger and their shitty tactics and not listening to the community.
      However we do have to thank ledger for exposing themselves so well, without them who know how long it would’ve taken us to figure this out! Lmao

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

OP needs to not be a dumbass

grandentre20
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They suck in customer support for coins that don’t transfer over easy and was socially hacked due to this issue. Don’t see them lasting long and for us old guys (50+) in crypto it will be a long time before we trust the wallets that have lack of support.

FaceDeer
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Will they get so mad that they’ll sneakily extract all user private keys and run off?

If you think this is a possibility then that’s the ultimate repudiation of Ledger as a worthwhile wallet company.

Fortunately they can only do this if they can get that functionality into your local firmware, and since I’m never updating it again they’d have had to snuck something in long ago already.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

daydreaming1980
      Gast
      Up
      Down

so what is the conclusion here ?

**TRUST ME BRO** everything is going to be alright

Zealousideal_Neck78
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No big deal, crypto investing should be money you can afford to lose anyhow, pocket change, residual nuisance money.

grandphuba
      Gast
      Up
      Down

We’re witnessing the onset of Stockholm Syndrome and the rise of apologists as time move on.

ImpossibleSet6928
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Edit: I don’t wanna get flagged for rules.

bigoldbert23
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think you should just move to another device and chill dude. all that worry ain’t good for no one. easy enough to do and you’ll sleep better at night.

Reywas3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ya you never know what Harvey Dent will do after Rachel dies

UpsetPush
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So now that the coins folks call s coins are on my ledger 📒 I basically use because it integrates so nicely with metamask and I was learning integration etc etc. so nothing too serious. If they go belly up then they did it and my high level stakes are else where.

magicmulder
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Wouldn’t that be a self-fulfilling prophecy? “Let’s male up crap about Ledger so they go bankrupt and end up doing the very thing we claimed they would do?”

Mundane-Bat-7090
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So much for get the cold wallet it’s the most secure way to crypto.😂😂😂🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Overnightgangsta
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[a true cold storage wallet, without having to put trust in any company](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPzbUIZrPn0)

rottiesrule88
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1) Get your own node running
      2) Get a new open source cold storage that you trust

Ansicht von 37 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.