Home Foren Ledger Wallet Wenn Sie ein Ledger-Gerät haben, müssen Sie dies lesen

Ansicht von 25 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Meiner Erfahrung nach bedeutet das Halten Ihrer Gelder mit einem Ledger-Gerät nicht, dass Sie 100% sicher sind, es sei denn, Sie verstehen und tun die folgenden Schritte:

1-Speichern Sie 2 Kopien der Seed-Phrase an verschiedenen Orten.

2-Aktualisieren Sie die Firmware und die Wallet regelmäßig, halten Sie die Wallet niemals veraltet (wichtig).

3-Klicken Sie niemals auf einen Link oder installieren Sie keine Software aus einer E-Mail.

4-Download / Update Ledger Live-Software von der offiziellen Website nur.

5 – Geben Sie Ihren Seed nur in das Ledger-Gerät selbst ein.

6-B ware von es gibt viele gefälschte Ledger app in Microsoft Store und anderen Geschäften als auch.

7-Legitmate Ledger live app wird Sie nie bitten, Seed-Phrase eingeben.

8-Durchführen Sie immer einen kleinen Betrag Test beim Senden oder Empfangen Ihrer Mittel und überprüfen Sie, ob die richtige Wallet Adresse wurde kopiert / eingefügt in Adresse Klammer.

9- Überprüfen Sie, ob Ihre 24 Seeds korrekt sind.

DicksOut4Tilikum
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve known quite a few ppl that have held on a ledger for years without updating firmware and their assets are fine. Maybe if you are using your crypto for other things like NFTs and such, but if you aren’t regularly interacting with things it isn’t necessary to constantly update firmware. Just keep seed safe at all costs

DailyUpsAndDowns
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This whole list is correct. But this goes without saying for any wallet be it hot or cold or Hardware or software. It’s a shame how many people find out too late with some of these and then come looking for help. These are the things they should be popping up on exchanges before you can even make an account. They should have you read them acknowledge them sign off on them especially during the kyc process

couchguitar
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I would like to add: send a small amount first to test the internet tubes are working.

daviss2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’d argue that updating firmware regularly is actually opening you up to more risk verse staying on old firmware.

Definitely update the firmware if a major bug or risk is found but if its just adding new chains/tokens that you won’t use then your opening up a point of attack/failure for no reason

R0Y-BATTY
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Op basically listing exactly what it says in ledgers own documentation and user instructions 🤦🏼‍♂️

trancephorm
      Gast
      Up
      Down

and wait a little bit with ledger updates and app updates until they’re battletested.

Y0rin
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why is 2 important? It’s not.

lagniappe-
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t understand how #3 is a threat.

I don’t care what phishing link you click, how can a hacker get to your funds on a cold wallet (as long as you don’t have your seed phrase stored digitally)?

Eduard953
      Gast
      Up
      Down

better having a separate holding wallet with which you’re only transferring funds to buy/cell to a cex for short amount of time. Than having another trading wallet with less funds and more risks.

MFKDGAF
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I would add the following to your list: Conduct all interactions with your Ledger on a dedicated computer that is only used for crypto purposes only.

AutoModerator
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The Ledger subreddit is continuously targeted by scammers. Ledger Support will never send you private messages. Never share your 24-word recovery phrase with anyone, never enter it on any
      website or software, even if it looks like it’s from Ledger. Only keep the recovery phrase as a physical paper or metal backup, never create a digital copy in text or photo form. Learn more at

BE CAREFUL – phishing attacks in progress
      byu/btchip inledgerwallet

If you’re experiencing battery problems, check out our [troubleshooting guide](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409233434641-How-to-troubleshoot-Ledger-Nano-X-battery-issues?
      support=true). If you’re still having issues head over to the [My Order page](https://my-order.ledger.com/) to explore options for replacement or refunds. [Learn more here](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/10265554529053-Return-your-product?support=true).

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/ledgerwallet) if you have any questions or concerns.*

DjLoki
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is the way.

boob13z
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You should still be safe if you check the addresses even if you have malware on your computer

Tellabobbob
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Number two is not important at all. The point of cold storage is you can leave it for years without doing anything. I think OP does the mistake of thinking there is actually crypto on his Ledger, there is not. All you have to do is keep your seed safe. As long as you got your seed you are good.

Lee_MITS
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Add: triple check your 24 seeds is accurate.

oxbcat
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Scammers hate this one weird trick…

chryptoph3r
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This list is just what people should be doing as standard

PhantomKrel
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I actually have my seed phrase on the cloud split between 4 cloud storages.

Is it smart nah however I have it encrypted in a way only I could read it, does not matter when I read it be it distant future or not.

Point is i can recover my seed should my physical non encrypted copy become compromised.

Than my crypto is stored on a passphrase I alone know however I keep a hint on another cloud document however someone would have to have a freaking biography on me to even crack it and thankfully none exist

Flaky-Wedding2455
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So many stories of lost seed/wrong seed with broken ledger I would definitely recommend a backup ledger with the same seed. Also test that you have your seed correct by either wiping the device when you first set it up or much easier just install the recovery check app and you can test your seed without resetting the device.

kevb197
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How do you not update? Especially whenever you keep buying the dips and adding to the ledger after, and you see an update? It’s just another thing to do..🤷

K42st
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Probably not the best advise having two copies of a seed phrase, reason is that’s two places it could be compromised.

Better advise is cut the seed phrase in half and store in separate locations if you think your storage place could be compromised.

tim_penn
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Technically, the Ledger hardware wallet is unnecessary and can be factory reset or even destroyed after you have confirmed that the transaction is confirmed on the blockchain, as long as you securely store your seed phrase elsewhere. When you are ready to withdraw the funds, you can re-enter your seed phrase on the Ledger or a new Ledger, or use any other wallet. It is hard to update the firmware on a device that does not exist.

wewewess
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Per number 6, check my recent posts

Responsible-Leg-3184
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Has any have experience that all apps installed in your Ledger nanoX all have been deleted by itself?

cheeb_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey u/faceof333, this is a great list of important tips for users to be aware of, thank you for making this post!

It is definitely ideal to make sure you have multiple copies of your 24 word recovery phrase stored in different, secure places – that way if one location suffers from some sort of accident, you have other backup copies as well.

Your points over fake phishing scams are important as well. There are fake imitation websites/applications that are designed to look and behave like Ledger Live, however they’ll try to trick users into entering their 24 word recovery phrase into the fake application. In cases such as these, this is precisely how you know the application is a fake phishing scam **- Ledger Live will** ***NEVER*** **ask users to enter their 24 word recovery phrase into the application. If you ever see this, you know it’s a scam and it should be ignored and reported.**

Generally speaking, the [24 word recovery phrase](https://www.ledger.com/academy/crypto/what-is-a-recovery-phrase) should only ever be used when [restoring](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404382560913-Restore-your-Ledger-accounts-with-your-recovery-phrase?support=true) your funds into another physical Ledger device (in the case that you perhaps lose or break the Ledger that you’re using).

Ansicht von 25 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.