Home Foren Ledger Wallet Wer benutzt noch sein Ledger?

Ansicht von 44 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo Leute,

Ich habe meinen Ledger seit der Ankündigung nicht angerührt. Allerdings habe ich meine Münzen auch nicht übertragen, da ich einfach keine HW finden kann, die die Scheißmünzen unterstützt, die ich habe. Gab es einen Verlust von Geldern oder verdächtige Aktivitäten seit dem Firmware-Update?

Gonzolin
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I will use my two Nano X’ until they are outdated or broken. At the moment my feeling is that my next HW purchase will not be a device from Ledger.

DailyUpsAndDowns
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I was as upset as everyone else but I still use mine. It functions normally as expected and have had no breach. Technically even if you haven’t touched it you’re still using it and have trust in it. I haven’t heard of any legitimate or proven stories regarding hack or the sort. Until I do holding on Ledger

funk-it-all
      Gast
      Up
      Down

using it til the keystone comes in the mail

ironmoosen
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Here’s the deal, people… Despite what we were all mislead to believe about Ledger, the whole purpose of a hardware wallet is NOT to make your private key irrecoverable. The purpose is to sign transactions without storing your private key on your computer where it could be easily compromised by malware. Your Ledger is still performing that duty perfectly well and is still WORLDS safer than using a hot wallet.

I completely understand why everyone is upset but I also think it’s been blown out of perspective. A level of trust is required for all of these companies like Microsoft, Apple and Google that sell us our computers and software. Ledger is no different.

I’m still using my Ledger and honestly have no concerns. It’s still the safest way to interact with crypto.

azsxdcfvg
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Unpopular opinion here but I still like Ledger. Until there’s evidence of people losing funds from Ledger extracting your words all this panic is purely emotional.

SimonZed
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I still use my S until it becomes EOL. Then I’ll switch to coldcard.

Alone-Hospital-6028
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I am personally jumping ship to keystone. Mine just arrived yesterday night 😛 Going to get it today.

PrimaryHuckleberry11
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I switched already, Ledger is in a drawer.

FastBinns
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Use it like a hot wallet now. Small amounts for short term only.

wh977oqej9
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I will use my S+ until is outdated or I find cold wallet, which would be without possibility to export private keys.

SnapDragon0
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m sorry, can someone update me on what’s happened? Haven’t checked my ledger for a good while now, also, just started frequenting Reddit again just seeing this

zbtiqua
      Gast
      Up
      Down

nope. never again. also customer service is trash

yorickdowne
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No need to update firmware, quite yet. All it adds is the “trust me bro” seed export function. I’ve been staying on 2.1.0.

Even with that function in firmware, if you trust that ledger can write firmware that will only send a tx upon user confirmation, then you can also trust that they can write firmware that will only export the seed upon user confirmation.

I continue to use my Ledger.

metoo100
      Gast
      R0Y-BATTY
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Not me, transferred to Trezor and now it just sits there, I may use it in future if for instance I want to give some crypto to my sons and it’s a relatively small amount that I could afford to lose.

Advanced_Present_164
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So I have a ledger and you all are saying it isn’t safe anymore? If so what are you all switching too? I only bought a ledger because I was told it would be stored offline and not reachable by hackers.

Sleepytreezz
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I bought a Trevor, but the majority of my holdings are still on my ledger, I find it hard to move away from ledger and I generally like the user interface and ease of use so much more

Royal-Blu
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Using it till my Tangem cards arrive

SecretPrimary7181
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Not me. I only use own bitcoin too now so I bought the Blockstream Jade

anbnzb
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m going to keep using my Ledger for now.

If or when there is ever a loss of funds or any other jive turkey suspicious activity, I have faith people on reddit will be all over it in about ten minutes.

dypraxnp
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger is a crap company. They put money over values. They are long enough in the space and know the implications their decision might have and still they decided this way. My tip is to abandon it, if not for the concerns then out of principal.

1ofmany10apenny
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hay ok, I’m in the same position as you really although I have used mine since but it’s an old nano s and I haven’t done any recent update .
      Still trying to fine / decide on an alternative hard wallet but each time I think I’ve found one it all seems just as risky as the last .
      So this reply is of no reply use other that to confirm that you are not alone ✌🏻

WallstreetBytes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Burned mine over a TikTok live. XUMM all the way.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The only loss of funds i know are people mistakenly sending their cryptos to other accounts using wrong blockchains. If the dest wallet is a tangem, funds are lost forever if sent on the wrong network.

The ledger is still as safe as it was, there was no vulnerability resulting in loss of funds, and i still trust ledger with my seed. But some people do not trust ledger based on their poor communications related to their opt-in Recover service.

Scissorbreaksarock
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve bought more.

dmicklock
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Folks- you don’t have to transfer anything. Just stop using the ledger device and reactivate your account with your 24 words key on a new hardware device of your choice.

CtpBlack
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’d set up a laptop with Ubuntu and just atomic wallet thinking I’d transfer there. Just as I’d finished setting it all up the hack happened.
      Now I have a keystone but still haven’t transferred anything from my ledger yet.

noiselessopposition
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So far so good, no fund loss for me

Xrpnes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Listen I KNOW NOTHING but here’s what I think. Notice crypto has been EVERYWHERE okay means new people see crypto on tv and want some.. recognize that people are stupid… once we recognize people are stupid some people do things outside of their skill set like self custody of their coins via a cold storage wallet- so you have new people – CUSTOMERS- who are stupid but want crypto and can potentially lose their 24words so ledger created the recovery system to cater to the incoming customers who either A are stupid and will lose their wallet due to themselves and then will go all over talking shit how crypto is dangerous when it was THEM who lost their coins. Or B normal new people who see the company is able to recover the account if they make a mistake… then there is all of us C who bought ledger for a reason due to the the fact it’s self custody the keys don’t leave the device but now found out it can BUT YOU HAVE TO AUTHENTICATE on your device and app for it to happen it won’t just do it without you noticing and then your “compromised”. Anyone in the C category make a 25th word and use that wallet if your freaked out. Personally I see this as a big customer base grab they wanted the new customers flooding the market new people buy crypto everyday eventually read SCARY HEADLINES online and want a HW to protect their coins. That’s where ledger and their recovery comes in and don’t be surprised is other manufacturers do the same shit. I WILL NOT LEAVE LEDGER I’ll use them until the end they are the industry standard.

Muppetier
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m upset but glad it came to light. I’m sure ledger will give every new update a second thought and ensure that the users best interest is tended too. They know the backlash they will face otherwise.

Besides, all cold wallet Co. have the exact same potential to access your key as trezor so might as well stick to this until something better pops up.

Zealousideal_Neck78
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Fund losses, hacks, hysteria.

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi – When launched Recover will be completely optional and will require your explicit consent to be activated, we’ll never force you to use the service.
      If you don’t like the service, ignore it and continue using your device as before, you’re always in control.

Also, updating the firmware will not activate Ledger Recover service by Coincover. And this update does not give Ledger any additional access, so it does not compromise security. We’d encourage you to check out the white paper for detailed information.
      https://blog.ledger.com/Ledger-Recover-White-Paper/

Ledger doesn’t have access to users’ Secret Recovery Phrases, whether or not they subscribe to Ledger Recover. The OS update runs on the Secure Element. Downloading the latest OS update for your Ledger Nano X does not mean that your Secret Recovery Phrase can be extracted. Your security is paramount to Ledger and that will not change.

Feel free to ask any questions that you might have on this topic.

PhantomKrel
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you aren’t all ready just use the passphrase feature.

Recovery only works for the base wallet not the passphrase additional security stuff

SmoothCalmMind
      Gast
      Up
      Down

like someone said, even if you are not “using your ledger”, you are still “using it”, since it has your phrase

the crazy part is, lots of people have $400 or less in crypto and are panicking

remember, the issue its its possilbe(well able) to get your seed phrase out your device, but it would require a super hack by hackers to do so, or Ledger maliciously taking your phrase for themselves lol. Neither has happened, the latter would most likely never happen unless Ledger clearly wanted to end there business.

I mean nothing is safe. I won’t freak out until someone is able to hack into the device and get the shards or whatever and take their crypto. so far, total hacked is 0. Paranoia is at 18 billion though

OneTotal466
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger is the worst form of hardware wallet, except for all the others.

magicmulder
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I refuse to go with the mass delusion. My funds are fine.

I would prefer an air-gapped wallet (for general security reasons, not because of anything Ledger did or didn’t do) but since I also dabble in Monero and its transactions are too large for viable QR code communication I will stick to Ledger.

Lumn8tion
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well yes. Right now it’s showing me the wrong amount in my investments.
      Example:BTC is up 4% yet LL tells me it up 2%
      Same with eth.
      * I have not upgraded to the “recovery” firmware.

Adamant11
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Everyone except for the few that just realized how hardware and firmware actually work

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

gordongeckospot
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have a basic s ( which can’t accommodate recovery stuff due to limited memory) and just use for btc and eth storage. All swaps etc I do elsewhere
      as I think it’s safest. Also just got Tangem hw which looks good. Will spit my assets.
      Ledger is a wallet not an exchange.

PaganFarmhouse
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Mine works fine. As expected

DDN1429
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve been using mine since latest updates, haven’t subscribed, but all in all, my assests are still there.

Glum-Bandicoot8346
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I purchased Trezor but haven’t set it up yet. Will probably buy another different wallet.

TendieTrades
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I did the ledger live update on my windows business machine. It literally killed the Bluetooth on my laptop and I can’t fix it. Good thing I have extras. But no. I haven’t updated my ledger itself or turned it on in many months. There’s no reason. It’s cold storage.

However….

Question. I’m sure there are gas fees and it’ll be thought of as a transaction (taxable at that) to move from one wallet to another. Go back to an original ledger S that is brand new.

Ansicht von 44 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.