Home Foren Ledger Wallet Werden die Mittel in der Metamaske stecken bleiben, wenn die Blindsignatur bald deaktiviert wird?

• Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 2 Wochen, 2 Tage von namesaretakenwtf.
Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Um Gelder von meiner Ledger+MetaMask-Adresse zu transferieren, muss die Blindsignatur aktiviert sein. Meine Adresse wird in Ledger Live aufgrund eines Fehlers im Ableitungspfad auf Seiten von Ledger nicht angezeigt. Soweit ich online etwas finden kann, ist es unmöglich, dies hinzuzufügen, und der Support von Ledger hat mir nicht geholfen.

Werden meine Gelder (und die vieler anderer) aufgrund der obigen Ausführungen in solchen Adressen stecken bleiben?

Edit: Ich habe etwas herausgefunden: In Ledger Live gibt es unter der Registerkarte “Entdecken” ParaSwap, das klar signierte Swaps ermöglicht, auch für Altcoins, die mit MetaMask gehandelt werden. Mein Problem (vielleicht auch das anderer Leute) war, dass ich diese Münzen nicht auf LL sah und daher konnte ich sie dort nicht tauschen. Nachdem ich eine Transaktion an die Adresse gesendet hatte, die in LL auftauchte, konnte ich die andere Adresse, die meine Altcoins hielt, ebenfalls hinzufügen. Ich kann jetzt handeln sie in LL mit ParaSwap, die immer verfügbar sein sollte (mit klaren Unterzeichnung).

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

First of all, funds are on the blockchains, not in MetaMask. MM is just a front-end.

No more blind signing means that front-ends will pass to the ledger device, together with the transaction data, some metadata that will allow the ledger device to display the transaction in clear, before you sign it.

The device will display the name of the token you are interacting with (e.g. USDC etc), and in case of a transfer, the amount you are transferring, the address you are transferring to, the fees, etc.

Right now, the ledger cannot display those infos because most of it is not part of the transaction itself. The transaction only includes the token contract address (not the token name), and it does not include the token decimal position, which is needed to display the actual token amount.

Currently only Ledger Live is capable of passing those metadata to the ledger, i.e. only LL allows clear signing of token transfers. Soon, other front-ends like MetaMask will be able to transfer those metadata to the ledger, allowing users to clear-sign on the ledger device.

This is a very good development.

MetaMask and all other front-ends will still work, but the ledger device will display more valuable info on its screen for user to check the Tx before approving it.

BlackMagic_19
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Finally ! So happy to read this. I always felt insecure during the blind signing process

beerbaron105
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So if I’m a regular metamask user what’s the fix?

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>due to a derivation path bug on Ledger’s end

There is no derivation path bug on the ledger side, that I know of.

However, Ledger Live can only find ETH accounts by increasing the account index (starting at #0), up to the point where it reaches an account with no transaction history.

So if you created an ETH account using MM and picked an account further down in the list presented to you, it will not be found by LL. It is not a bug, it is a documented feature of LL.

Note that LL looks at both LL derivation path scheme and “Legacy/MEW” derivation path scheme, using the rule that i described above.

AutoModerator
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The Ledger subreddit is continuously targeted by scammers. Ledger Support will never send you private messages. Never share your 24-word recovery phrase with anyone, never enter it on any
      website or software, even if it looks like it’s from Ledger. Only keep the recovery phrase as a physical paper or metal backup, never create a digital copy in text or photo form. Learn more at

BE CAREFUL – phishing attacks in progress
      byu/btchip inledgerwallet

If you’re experiencing battery problems, check out our [troubleshooting guide](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409233434641-How-to-troubleshoot-Ledger-Nano-X-battery-issues?
      support=true). If you’re still having issues head over to the [My Order page](https://my-order.ledger.com/) to explore options for replacement or refunds. [Learn more here](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/10265554529053-Return-your-product?support=true).

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/ledgerwallet) if you have any questions or concerns.*

ZergPresidentZerg
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Commenting for visibility

DMShinja
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Blind signing going away?

VivaHollanda
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Don’t update the Ledger?

namesaretakenwtf
      Gast
      Up
      Down

surely metamask will be updated to allow for clear signing. There must be a hell of a lot of people using their ledger with MM and uniswap right now…can’t see MM not implementing this feature?

Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.