Home Foren Ledger Wallet Wie sicher ist es, wenn ich 5 Wörter aus der Saatgutphrase entferne und sie an anderer Stelle speichere?

• Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 9 Monaten von Sethdarkus.
Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Wäre es einfach, meine Seed-Phrase zu knacken, wenn 5 Wörter aus der gesamten Seed-Phrase fehlen? Ist es möglich, die Phrase mit brachialer Gewalt innerhalb eines angemessenen Zeit- und Ressourcenaufwands zu knacken, wenn man die restlichen Wörter (abzüglich der fehlenden 5) findet?

cheeb_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Technically, this would still be extremely hard, if not realistically impossible to brute force with respect to computational costs (it would not be worth the time and energy).

With that in mind, a 19 word recovery phrase (with 5 words separated) would still be infeasible to attempt to brute force, however your 24 word recovery phrase in its entirety would still be **stronger** as a standalone recovery phrase.

Alternatively, another great way to bolster your security set up is with an optional [passphrase](https://www.ledger.com/academy/passphrase-an-advanced-security-feature).

BTCMachineElf
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Don’t do this. There are only 2048 words in the bip39 library, so brute forcing 5 of them isn’t impossible. According to a post [here](https://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/70088/19-out-of-24-words-of-bip39-passphrase-brute-force-last-5), 4 words + 1 word checksum could be done in 1.5 years on an ordinary computer,

Just use a complex passphrase of 4+ random words (full dictionary), and store that separately. It can’t be brute-forced and you won’t have a single point of failure with your seed phrase. You can use multiple passphrases for multiple wallets, to separate kyc and non-kyc for example, and use the non-passphrase wallet as a decoy.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Add a long passphrase that’s easy to remember

Holm76
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why 19 abd 5?

If you are going to cut it then why not 12 and 12?

Quiet_International
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Look into xor seed

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Assuming you mean you have 19 words left, its still over 200 bits of entropy… you’ll be fine.

DriftMethod
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I know this isn’t what you’re asking about, but splitting up your seed phrase in 2 means there’s twice the chance it could get lost/destroyed/etc. and you lose access.

If you have 3 relatively secure locations, you could split the seed phrase into 3 groups of 8 words each (call them groups A, B, and C). Then store just two groups at each location like this:
      AB
      AC
      BC
      That way the full seed phrase isn’t at 1 location, but any 2 locations will contain the full seed phrase.

Sethdarkus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My advice just break it up into 3s or 4s

Example each card could have 8 words per card in the case of 3 cards or in the case of 4 cards 6 words per card.

You don’t label these things so it be fairly annoying some to piece it together.

I actually have my seed phrase broken up like this and on 4 different cloud services also toon additional steps to make decryption a nightmare.

Plus I utilize passphrases and I can keep those as many words.

Effetely my passphrases are my true gateway.

I’m at a year of doing this no problems plus all those cloud services utilize 2Factor Authorization and I’m notified of logins via text.

Even if one is compromised I’m still safe.

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.