Home Foren Trezor Wallet Wie speichern Sie die Passphrase?

Ansicht von 15 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich weiß, dies ist hypothetisch, aber ich bin neugierig, wie andere ihre Passphrase gespeichert haben.

Ich habe mein Saatgut an mehreren Orten in einer Stahlkapsel aufbewahrt, aber nicht mit der Passphrase. Die Passphrase ist in meinem Kopf und ich habe es meiner Frau gesagt. Sie ist nirgendwo aufgeschrieben… noch nicht.

Wenn meine Frau und ich sterben würden, würden die Leute den Seed finden, aber nicht die Passphrase für die Wallet. Wie speichert jeder seine Passphrase separat?

Edit: Anscheinend kennen die Leute nicht den Unterschied zwischen dem Seed und der Passphrase, die den Seed schützt und getrennt aufbewahrt werden sollte.

blueflyingfrog
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I ended up hammer stamping my passphase on a couple dog tag templates and wax covered them (making the inherenter to scrape them clean to reveal it) with instructions to the legal firm to send them out to people on my list upon my death with a couple of metal wallets to go with those dog tags

No_Level261
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I made my seed into a shamir secret with 5 keys, any 3 of which are required to decrypt.

One key is on a dead man switch email service. Another is included in a note attached to my will stored at a govt office, can only be accessed after my death by a named executor. One is kept among my personal possessions. Two have been given to unconnected friends with instructions to give to my family if I die.

I also kept a encrypted copy for myself in case I lost my device.

Then I did actually lose my device so created a fresh paper wallet and transferred everything there. Which basically means all the above is null and void and if I die then my coins die with me 🙁

toozic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Password manager. The passphrase itself is useless without seed access, and gaining access to the password manager is not easy. Even if someone theoretically hacks the password manager, it would be fruitless without simultaneous access to the seed. Storing the passphrase solely in your memory is as irresponsible and unsafe as possible. Can you trust your wife? Well, now you have to hope she doesn’t become a victim of social engineering. Trusting someone else is a separate issue altogether.

What about storing it somewhere else physically? Well, then you would need to find, secure, and access to the seed AND passphrase in TWO different places. Also, consider that these places should not intersect, and don’t forget about them.

In short, for me, a password manager with a good reputation is a suitable alternative. After all, they are designed to keep our secrets safe. However, I would never store the seed in the manager under any circumstances.

kinoshitajona
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Written down on parchment. Stored in a wooden chest.

Buried on a deserted island.

I drew a map with a big red X on its location which is to be handed to my next of kin upon my death.

Adventure on the high seas me matey, yarrr!!!!

TopOfTheWorldMa_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

12 word seedphrase memorized in my head.

1/2 of the seed words on a piece of paper in my Mom’s safe with half of the 4 digit passphrase.

The other half is in my safe in a fireproof/faraday pouch.

My deathdoc to my family is also there, which instructs them on where to find them.

Also a mem stick with videos of me PIP on my computer, training them how to access my BTC from my Trezor. And how to sell and cash-out to their bank acct if they wish.

I have 2 trezors – programmed with the same keys. One in my safe and one in Mom’s.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Inscribed on my wife’s debit card. Will never see the light of day.

biebiedoep
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nice try lmao

Haunting-Exercise846
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My 24 seed phrase,passcode, and the pass phrase to my hidden wallet are all in my head.

Think_Cat7703
      Gast
      Up
      Down

imo how to back up a pass phrase is one of the biggest gaps currently in physically backing up. The best solution I’ve thought of so far, especially if you’re using a cold card (as it allows you to input the pass phrase faster as opposed to typing random stuff) is to choose a pass phrase also made from BIP39 word list words, probably 5 at a minimum. This allows you to use the same backup system as a seed phrase, whether it be a plate, washers, tiles etc. I think it’s irresponsibly key management not to back up the passphrase and have it only in memory. Likewise it’s probably also irresponsible or at the very least much less secure to back it up digitally.

mansotired
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1/3 on nordpass, 1/3 on proton drive, 1/3 on bitwarden

so even if 1 account is hacked, they only get 1/3 of the seed phrase

and also downloaded avast antivirus 👍

walterpadick78
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I remember my passphrase. It’s a password that I generated with a specific criteria, and I use the same criteria to generate other passwords. I won’t forget it, and even if I did, I can always generate it again.

ta1no
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My mind

-Kapido-
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Can you transfer without the passphrase?

OkConversation2510
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is Trezor safe from data sharing? Does Trezor use a 3rd party company for chain surveillance? Especially for Coinjoin. What does Trezor do with customers data?

Mr_DigDeeper
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Brain wallet… if anything happens to my head my bitcoin going with it 😂🤘🏾

Ansicht von 15 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.