Home Foren Ledger Wallet Wie zum Teufel kann ich meine Samenphrase WIRKLICH vor Zerstörung/Diebstahl bewahren?

• Dieses Thema hat 16 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monaten von cryptowalter4572.
Ansicht von 16 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich bewahre sie jetzt in einem Schließfach auf, aber… was, wenn mein Haus abbrennt und das Schließfach zerstört wird?

Kann ich sie verschlüsseln und in einem S3-Glazialspeicher ablegen? Ist es in einer verschlüsselten Keepass-Datenbank *eigentlich* sicherer? Wenn ich es in einem Bankschließfach aufbewahre, könnte es gestohlen werden oder, wieder einmal, abbrennen. Sollte ich sie in den abgelegenen Wäldern von Montana vergraben? Was kann ich tun, um sie wirklich sicher aufzubewahren?

Und nein, ich gebe sie Ihnen nicht zur “sicheren Aufbewahrung”.

Guter Versuch… Nur ein Scherz, schrecklicher Versuch.

Toger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>Keepass

There is a risk that the machine on which keepass is running is compromised and will be exposed then.

Same for encrypting it and putting it in glacier, unless you encrypt it by hand.

​

The best way IMO is to have the keys in a purpose built hardware wallet like a Ledger / Trezor etc, and a 2nd hardcopy (metalplate / imprinted washers etc) in a physically secure area outside the immediate diaster zone, potentially with a 25th word NOT stored alongside to handle the case where the bank is robbed. The passphrase could go in Lastpass / encrypted in glacier as it is sort of a 2nd factor that is otherwise useless.

​

This way you can lose the hardware-storage and recover. The bank can be robbed / sink into the earth and you can still transfer all the funds out of your wallet with the hardware-storage. You are only in trouble if you lose the HW device AND (the bank sinks into the earth at the same time OR your backup of the 25th word is lost). At that point you are looking at such a large disaster that you may not care anymore.

If you are really worried about that scenario, store a 2nd metalplate/washer version in a secure storage much farther away, again not including the passphrase along with it.

Big goal is never typing the phrase into any digital device other than a hardware wallet to avoid being the next ‘My coins were all stolen’ post on here.

VariousJackfruit
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Make two copies and store them in separate locations.

TaterTots_Ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

We actually provide a few solutions for element-proof recovery phrase storage.
      Our Cryptosteel Capsule Solo, Billfodl and Cryptotag Zeus are all made of Ledger Steel and allow you to record your recovery phrase in fireproof, waterproof, bulletproof, disaster-proof Ledger Steel. All can be found in the accessories tab or our shop on [https://www.ledger.com/](https://www.ledger.com/)
      Edit: Encrypting in any digital medium increases your risk profile because if the device where the encryption is performed is or has ever been connected to the internet in the past present or future then you’re introducing another potential vector for malicious actors to compromise your recovery phrase.

pvhbk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Interesting strategy I’ve seen that I think is as far as you can go without stepping into paranoia territory: Get 3 steel plates and stamp a different 2/3 of your seed on each. Store them in different locations. If something happens, you need to recover 2 of 3 to get your full phrase. But someone finding 1 is not sufficient to access your wallet.

At that point though you should be aware that the risks you get compromised by falling for some sort of social engineering or phishing attack, unlimited token spend allowance, etc is much higher than your physical backups being stolen or destroyed.

TaterTots_Ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

We actually provide a few solutions for element-proof recovery phrase storage.

Our [Cryptosteel Capsule Solo](https://shop.ledger.com/products/cryptosteel-capsule-solo), [Billfodl](https://shop.ledger.com/products/the-billfodl) and [Cryptotag Zeus](https://shop.ledger.com/products/cryptotag-zeus) are all made of Ledger Steel and allow you to record your recovery phrase in fireproof, waterproof, bulletproof, disaster-proof Ledger Steel.

Edit: Encrypting in any digital medium increases your risk profile because if the device where the encryption is performed is or has ever been connected to the internet in the past present or future then you’re introducing another potential vector for malicious actors to compromise your recovery phrase.

ExtraBumpyCucumber
      Gast
      Up
      Down

One paper copy that stays close to you in a safe or lockbox and a titanium plate with the seed stamped that you can hide elsewhere or bury.

Eazymoneysniper32
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Buy a metal billfodl. [Link here](https://privacypros.io/products/the-billfodl/)

KryptoKnight2020
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Do most store their seedphrase in a safe deposit box?

Unfair_Conference_73
      Gast
      Up
      Down

r/seedstorage

weedium
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Two brains memorized all. Two stainless steel shims engraved and buried separate.

Maleficent-Camel2849
      Gast
      Up
      Down

metallic plate and a set of ABC, engrave them on 24 plates and put them together like a sandwich. Safe from fire, you could also do several sandwiches with different kind of word orders and stuff… be creative!

coupl4nd
      Gast
      Up
      Down

memorize it.

Manukatana
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keep it in the vault on OneDrive. ✓

jean_erik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My method may be a bit over the top, but it’s everything-proof.

– Split my 24-word phrase into 3 parts/8 word blocks. Block 1, 2, and 3.

– Bought 6 stainless steel dog tags.

– Got blocks 1&3, 1&2, 2&3 engraved onto three of the dog tags, **at three different/unaffiliated engravers** across the city.

– Put the remaining three dog tags against the three engraved tags, text inward.

– Single spot welded the tags together at one end ($10 at a metalwork shop)

– Dipped the “sandwiched” tags in molten wax

– Vacuum sealed the wax-dipped tag sandwiches

– Distributed the three “objects” to three unassociated, trusted parties *in 3 separate states*, who own their property, to be buried in their yard.

My seed phrase is safe against everything, and carries inherent redundancy. If one party goes sour, I can retrieve the other two tags. If one party goes dishonest, they cannot decipher my seed. They will not rust. They won’t be lost (metal detectors exist). They won’t be damaged in fire or floods. I will not be compromised if one party is robbed or if they defualt on their home loan and get repossessed.

Again, it may be a bit over the top, but if I’m storing a large amount of value and my house, or one of my trusted parties’ houses burns down or is blown away by a hurricane or hit by a tsunami, my funds are safe and recoverable.

That’s basically what it takes though.

Prlyhttr
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Memorize it.

cryptowalter4572
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Google crypto seed storage and then a couple of safety boxes – ideally split between the two or more,

Depends on how much really

Ansicht von 16 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.