Home Foren KeepKey Wiederherstellung Frage

• Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monaten von Weapon_Of_Pleasure.
Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe gerade heute Abend meinen Keep Key bekommen & bis jetzt ist es ein ziemlich schickes Stück Hardware. Meine Frage ist folgende: Wenn mein Keep Key verloren geht oder gestohlen wird, kann ich, solange ich meine 12 geheimen Wörter habe (Das ist es!), “Electrum” herunterladen und den Anweisungen folgen & auf magische Weise werden alle meine BTC wieder auftauchen? Verstehe ich das richtig? Was ist mit ETH oder anderen Währungen? TY!

Weapon_Of_Pleasure
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thank you for this that was very helpful! I’ll need to dig into HOW it knows all my Bitcoin, Etherium, etc. Are tied to these words… Like what’s the sauce that allows all these different wallets to become visible… Probably a much more complex question. Thank you again!

REDROO265
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They’re not actually words, as only the first four characters of the words matter, it’s 2048 unique 4 character combinations.

So your passphrase looks something like this:

fossil muffin wool swallow delay elbow useful hurry segment surface swamp spirit deputy elegant fragile

fossmuffwoolswaldelaelbousefhurrsegmsurfswamspirdepuelegfrag

The last part here is formed of 12 individual segments with 2048 options, yielding 204812combinations.

i.e. 5444517870735015415413993718908

To give you an idea of what that number means, lets assume you have a supercomputer that can check 13,000,000,000 seeds for bitcoins every picosecond. (I’m not sure what current technology is capable of, but I highly doubt it’s that fast.)

It would take 13.82 billion years to compute the entire set at that rate, which happens to be the the current age of the universe we live in.

YES, THIS BLEW MY MIND TOO

iftodaywasurlastday
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes, this is correct. You can use your 12 words to restore your wallet on any BIP 44 compliant wallet, including Tezor, Electrum, or a replacement keepkey.

Weapon_Of_Pleasure
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t understand how these 12 words “magically” restore your coins on any of these other software platforms? Thank you for the response!

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.