Home Foren Ledger Wallet Zwei Hauptbücher?

• Dieses Thema hat 31 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 9 Monaten von as5as51n0.
Ansicht von 31 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich bin kürzlich umgezogen und habe beschlossen, mein Ledger in einem Bankschließfach zu deponieren. Bevor ihr alle darauf herumreitet, es war eine schwere Entscheidung, aber die andere Option war, es in meiner neuen Wohnung zu lassen, die 1, eingebrochen werden könnte, 2, abbrennen, 3 Landlord hat den Schlüssel.

Aufgrund meiner Situation, als ich umzog, wollte ich das Buch nicht mitnehmen und es in meiner Wohnung aufbewahren, bis ich hier ein Bankschließfach finden würde. Ich bin froh, dass ich es zurückgelassen habe, denn es war wirklich schwer, eines zu finden.

Meine Frage ist also, dass ich vor kurzem Vechain gekauft habe, und anstatt zurückzufliegen, um mein Ledger zu holen, kann ich ein weiteres kaufen und zwei benutzen? Oder wird Ledger leben nicht wie das.

Disastrous-Stay2635
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have 2 and have split up my assets between them

Hyperlite211
      Gast
      Up
      Down

it makes more sense to have your seed phrase in the safety deposit box.
      Someone can steal your ledger, and you would be fine as long as they don’t know your pass code to your ledger.

Kellrkind
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thinking about splitting my assets on several ledgers like my soul on Horcruxes. Without the killing part tho.

cheeb_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s important to note that your Ledger device is just the physical hardware that stores your 24 word recovery phrase in a secure, offline manner. Your funds are stored on the blockchain(s) and the Ledger serves as a key to your funds and lets you access your accounts and sign transactions.

With this in mind, you have to remember that your assets are not tied to your physical Ledger device, but rather, the [24 word recovery phrase](https://www.ledger.com/academy/crypto/what-is-a-recovery-phrase) that was generated by that device (and is currently being used by the device).

You can use your 24 word recovery phrase to [restore](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404382560913-Restore-your-Ledger-accounts-with-your-recovery-phrase?support=true) your funds into any replacement Ledger device or BIP39-compliant wallet, at any time.

Ultimately, the most important aspect of this equation is ensuring that your [24 word recovery phrase is safely stored](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005514233-How-to-keep-your-24-word-recovery-phrase-and-PIN-code-safe-?docs=true) – as you can restore your funds back into any device using this (regardless of where your Ledger device is).

This means you can buy another Ledger and use both devices with the same instance of Ledger Live, however you’ll be using your 24 word recovery phrase (from your first Ledger) to restore your funds into the **new** Ledger device – that way the accounts all match up.

DarkRabbit82
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having it securely stored in a safety deposit box ?

And yes you can. Just setup the new ledger using the same seed.

Royal-Author-669
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger live will recognize all ledgers you connect. So be sure to label each accordingly.
      Or you can purchase a new device and put your original seed phrase into the new DEVICE and have both ledgers for the same wallets.

joannew99
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The Ledger device is not what you should be safeguarding, the seed phrase is. Ledger device is useless to a bad actor unless your PIN is something easy to guess like your birthdate or year

Elean0rZ
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As a general point: Crypto assets are never “on” or “in” any wallet. They are always just a bunch of 1’s and 0’s on the blockchain. You access your specific 1’s and 0’s via a “passphrase”, which we call your seed phrase or (essentially) private keys. A wallet’s sole function is to store that “passphrase” in a way that lets you use it to interact with your assets, and a hardware wallet is simply an especially secure way of doing so, as it minimizes the number of opportunities for exploitation, and for you, the fallible human, to screw up. So, to be clear, a wallet is a means of interfacing, not a “vault” for your assets. If your assets are your emails in Gmail, and your seed phrase/keys are your email password, then the wallet is analogous to your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc).

Incidentally, this is also why your physical Ledger is not *that* important to secure. To use it, you have to enter a PIN and the device locks out if you enter it wrong too many times. If someone steals your Ledger, the chances are very low they can guess you PIN and access your assets. On the other hand, if they get access to your seed they can access all your assets. So, frankly, the thing you should be storing in a safety deposit box (or whatever) is your seed phrase, not your Ledger. The whole point of a hardware wallet is that you can carry it around without risk of your seed getting into the wrong hands even if you lose it, and you’re losing all the convenience of having a hardware wallet if you can’t physically access it–as you’re currently experiencing.

Anyway, to your question. First, if you think you’ll eventually retrieve your Ledger and only plan to hodl in the meantime, you could simply send any new assets to your existing Ledger-managed addresses. You don’t need access to your Ledger to receive assets, provided you already have an address associated with the coin in question (like if you already have some VET from before). However, if this is your first VET then that won’t work.

Second, if we’re talking about a relatively small $$ value, you could just manage your VET via VeWorld or Sync without involving a Ledger. Provided you practice good security hygiene this isn’t an undue risk, and weighed against the cost of buying another Ledger it might make the most cost/benefit sense. You could always transfer to a Ledger-managed address later when you retrieve your device.

Third, if you’re determined to use a Ledger, you basically have two choices. You can either initialize the second (new) device with the same seed, resulting in two identical copies and allowing you access to all the other assets you’re managing via your original Ledger; or you can initialize the second device with a different seed. In general you don’t want too many copies of your Ledger since in effect all you’re doing is multiplying the chances of something, somewhere getting compromised, but given that we’re only talking about 2 and the other one is in a safety deposit box, that’s likely not a major concern in this case. So if you want to spend the money then yes, I would probably just initialize the new device with your existing seed.

As for whether LL cares, the answer is no. LL (like VeWorld or any other) is just interface software allowing you to access your assets on the blockchain by means of your “passphrase”. It’s like asking if Chrome cares that you have your Gmail password written down in two places. It doesn’t.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve begun looking into multi-signature wallets you can use different types of hardware wallets with, like Specter or Sparrow. Probably BTC only, but you can do a 2 of 3 multi-Sig with a Ledger, another type or a DIY like SeedSigner, and a dice rolled seed in case either hardware wallet breaks. Pretty cool stuff.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[removed]

ShaunPryszlak
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m assuming you brought seed phrase with you which rather defeats the security of the first safety deposit box.

BitcoinGoddess666
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The bank can steal your seed. Never store it in the bank buy a vault or bury it somewhere

DJ-Technician
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can run as many ledgers as you like with your seed-phrase. If you want to use it as a mirror like raid0 on harddisks, that‘s no problem with Ledger live:

Apprehensive_Art_641
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I got two ledgers, one for my Bitcoin and one for my Flow. 🎶

GreatQuality5560
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I got 2 it works fine

GreatQuality5560
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I got 2 it works fine

Aromatic-Ad3922
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have two with same seed stored in two different places. For me, it was more about if something happened to one of the ledgers that I have a back up on hand.

xer0h0ur
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You realize that keeping your seed phrase in a safe deposit box is as at risk to government intervention as Ledger’s new seed backup function?

Anyways, what you’re asking about is possible. I have three ledgers that all use the same seed phrase. What you do is that you unpack a new Ledger and use the recovery function within the actual hardware wallet itself, enter your seed phrase from your first Ledger and it will essentially create another Ledger that will work identically the same as your first Ledger.

honey621
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger 2.62.2 live version avail for upgrade can any one update it what is the reason for updating it

AyLou21
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Funny how we went from “fuck ledger” to “I own two ledgers”…

I have the first 12 words hidden in one location and the other 12 in a separate location.

Backup copy in a bank deposit box.

sauce___x
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why do you need access to your ledger if you’re only sending assets to it? Just withdraw to the ledgers address.

If you need access to it then you can get another ledger and use the same seed… I have 5+ hardware wallets, 2 for my most used account and then the others are specific to certain apps or vaults z

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> 1, could be broken into, 2, burn down, 3 land lord has the key.

none of this really matters, as long as

1) your recovery / seed phrase is securely backed-up and protected from unauthorised access and accidental loss or destruction (e.g. one copy should be in your safe!).

2) Your ledger has a 8-digit PIN code that is known only by you, and that is not written anywhere (and certainly not written on or near your ledger device).

> can I buy another one and use two?

You can have and use any number of ledger devices, each will give you the same access if they are setup with the same recovery / seed phrase.

It is just like having several key copies that give you access to your home. You can have as many as you want, and each will open your home door the same way.

r_a_d_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Part of the appeal of a Ledger is that an adversary can’t do anything with it if they don’t know the pin. Want to be extra safe? You can also use a temporary passphrase.

devjeff91
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can buy an infinite amount of Ledgers (or any other hardware wallet) and load your private keys onto all of them if you’d like. Ledger live wont mind.

Its not a bad idea to have 2 wallets with your seed.

You can have one hardware wallet stored in your safety deposit box, and one at home for easy access incase you need to sign any transactions at a moments notice. With this, worst case if your home hardware wallet gets stolen or destroyed, you have a backup device in the safety box ready to go to move your crypto if needed (without having to wait to order a new device and wait for shipping).

Sacul_reab
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Should have just keister stashed it.

somekool
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have multiple ledgers set with the same private key

I can access all my coins with either devices

You can keep the one you have safe and initialize a new one with your secret passphrase

Cultural_Bit9176
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You don’t need to physically have your Ledger to send the Vechain to it. Storing in a Safe Deposit box is Ok as long as your bank stays open and the Government isn’t after you!

YaBastaaa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I do not get the part where people ignore, the ledger device itself needs to be updated. Anyone can correct me but if device does not get updated and some day you choose to use it – you will uncover a whole set of issues.

Johann9444
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Get two other different devices (Tezor, Coldcard, etc.) then do a 2/3 multisig. Safest way.

_We_The_PeepHole_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It will not be an issue.

as5as51n0
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You put your ledger in safebox? Where are your 24 words?

Nobody gives a fuck about your ledger without the PIN code

Ansicht von 31 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.